Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a hp laptop which will arrive on monday.Would it be necessary to buy one of those laptop coolers to keep it from getting too hot since this will be my first laptop.

·
Super Moderator
5,478 Posts
I just bought a hp laptop which will arrive on monday.Would it be necessary to buy one of those laptop coolers to keep it from getting too hot since this will be my first laptop.
Yes, you should. There are many pros and cons for those laptop coolers. The google is easy to work with to get a better answer in no time. :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've had my laptop 1 and a half years now, it endures use for about 14 hours a day on constant usage. It heats up pretty bad, but none of the hardware has ever failed me... the only problem I experienced was the charger burned out about 2 months back. It's because I never used the battery. I think you'll be fine without a cooler.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
the cooling design of most laptops is pathetic.

you have a single heatpipe with 2 heat pads, which connects into a cheap ass aluminium sink with a single fan most of the time.

and the **** they put on the gpu.. some kind of heat transferring pad, instead of decent thermal grease really pisses me off.

I dropped my sisters laptop 15c just by replacing the thermal grease/pad with AS5 and cleaning the heatsink.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.