Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as most people are aware, laptops usually come with IR ports. So I was wondering if anyone knows any useful software like remote control etc. could you point me in the direction of it.

thanx

·
Banned
576 Posts
Practically no laptops these days come wiht IR ports. It's even rarer then to see them outside the highend models. Bluetooth and Wifi are better and cheaper than IR solutions now.

As for your question, no there are no software for laptop to act as a TV remote controll, or none that I know of. I bet the reason is the range on Laptop IR ports aren't very far. I own a pda and have played around with the IR transfer. Couldn't get a few feet ,ie 3, before the signal is lost.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,690 Posts
sims said:
Practically no laptops these days come wiht IR ports. It's even rarer then to see them outside the highend models. Bluetooth and Wifi are better and cheaper than IR solutions now.

As for your question, no there are no software for laptop to act as a TV remote controll, or none that I know of. I bet the reason is the range on Laptop IR ports aren't very far. I own a pda and have played around with the IR transfer. Couldn't get a few feet ,ie 3, before the signal is lost.
mine doesn't go further than a few centimeters :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts