Next Generation Emulation banner

Laptop cooling pads VS Laptop vacuum fans

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  laserjohn 
#1 ·
From what I've read/seen online, it seems to me that they're pretty much the same, and vary only by a very few degrees Fahrenheit (Vacuum fans being 'cooler').

What're you views on this? I plan to get this as a gift for my roommate's birthday. xD

#2 ·
"Vacuum" fans tend to put more stress on the cooling systrm (by forcing more air through it faster) so it can wear out or in the worst case damage the cooling system on the laptop. Tht being said it is basically a replacement for the fans on the cooling system so as long as your roommate is fine with the idea that the vacuum cooler might need to be attached permanently if the internal cooling fans die then fine.

Cooling pads people say they force fresh air into the intake... but really they circulate the air near the intake better so hopefully the ambient temp of the air is a little better in the area directly around the laptop (more specifically the air intake part). Also on fanless laptops or laptops that use the case as part of the cooling system it does provide airflow.

#3 ·
"Vacuum" fans tend to put more stress on the cooling systrm (by forcing more air through it faster) so it can wear out or in the worst case damage the cooling system on the laptop. Tht being said it is basically a replacement for the fans on the cooling system so as long as your roommate is fine with the idea that the vacuum cooler might need to be attached permanently if the internal cooling fans die then fine.

Cooling pads people say they force fresh air into the intake... but really they circulate the air near the intake better so hopefully the ambient temp of the air is a little better in the area directly around the laptop (more specifically the air intake part). Also on fanless laptops or laptops that use the case as part of the cooling system it does provide airflow.
Thanks a lot, kind sir. I'll get him the pad!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.