Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What languages do you speak? And which did you learn first? how hard was it too learn the others?

I dont know, i am taking chinese in school and its pretty easy but the characters are hard as hell to remember. Im a stupid english american so thats all i speak besides a little tiny bit of chinese.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
I speak English first and foremost. I used to be pretty good speaking German as well as I was taking it back in high school, but now all I can seem to remember are bits and pieces.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
Was learning?... Meaning you know enough now :D?

Me, I really don't know which was my first...English or Korean. My parents mixed and matched both hoping me and my brothers would learn them both faster that way kind of confused me :lol: I believe it was Korean first though... My parents keep telling me my first word was Mama is Korean :rotflmao:

Went on to learn French until the 9th grade and then I took a couple years in Japanese. Other then that, just the common phrases in German and Spanish...mostly the insults :evil:

·
On Stand-by
759 Posts
Tagalog - The National Language of The RP
then
English - I learned it in TV, School, Internet ,and V. Games

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
y u taking chinees in school?
that sucks must be like reading a magic pictur book
chinese is actually pretty fun. We go on fieldtrips to chinese shows, then for the rest of the school day go to a chinese buffet. And chinese is cool, i would rather take that then french or spanish, took like 7 yrs. of spanish never learned a thing, and 2 years of french, same results.

Once you get used to it its basically english with funny letters:p

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
and you are right

I don't know enough now, I just gave up. I can survive on English
:p
Huh? I tought Japanese are pretty horrible in english, most of them I mean...oO

Well, suprisingly I learned finnish first!:rolleyes::lol: But if you're talking about different language than your native then it'd be English followed by Swedish, not that I ever really learned swedish!:evil:

English is started at 3rd grade and swedish in 7th grade, both are compulsory languages... Its just pretty strange how swedish is started later even though its second native in Finland, english on the other hand isn't...

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Huh? I tought Japanese are pretty horrible in english, most of them I mean...oO

Well, suprisingly I learned finnish first!:rolleyes::lol: But if you're talking about different language than your native then it'd be English followed by Swedish, not that I ever really learned swedish!:evil:

English is started at 3rd grade and swedish in 7th grade, both are compulsory languages... Its just pretty strange how swedish is started later even though its second native in Finland, english on the other hand isn't...

Ya I know, seen it, herd it, lol
I can speak and write English and I always used to get full marks in English grammar.
I first wanted to do MA English but I perused engineering instead cause my parents wanted me to do so. That's why its hard for you all to think how I know about computers and electronics. Its what I have to deal with every now and then in college. I surprise everyone with my knowledge. Also I have learned a lot more after coming here.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I'm learning Japanese, or atleast romaji, so i can speak it.

I'll learn Kanji when they develop a system that loads it right into your brain.

·
Banned
2,817 Posts
LOL. Nice one. Anyway... Romaji only won't get you anywhere, believe me. I know Romaji. All it helps me is in reading menus in J rpg :lol:

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
What is romaji?
... I wish you lots of luck :p

Romaji is the name given to the latin characters in Japanese to write Japanese.

I speak Spanish and English pretty well, I am able to understand Japanese to a decent level (though I need a Kanji dictionary beside me for the written part, and speaking it is like a different story altogether), and I used to know some French but I guess I forgot most of it already

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
1 - 20 of 76 Posts