Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see many people talk and post how they can get to FF-X2 Title/menu screen. But I don't understand how. All I can do is get to the Language Screen, and Pressing X won't work. <see attatchment>

Do I have to play one of those PD demo's to get past it?
Do I have to make a patch for a PS2 Memory card in order to change/select settings?
oO

Also, bit off topic but along with the noob question, is anyone else having trouble with PCSX2 not detecting SYSTEM.CNF ? Also pondering about accessing system browser how you can change the clock, display ratio, etc. Sorry, I looked on the faq, and around, sorry if I seem to noobish, I always try to look for answers before posting questions.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well, pcsx2, in its current beta, can go past the language selection, but, in the release version (0.6) this is not possible. Seeing as the beta is closed to the public (at least the ones with no C/C++ knowledge) you are not going to get past the langauge selection screen. You need to get a JAP bios. before you feel inclined to ask me for one, the rules state i cant give you one/tell you were to get one..
google is your freind :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DC_daNMan said:
Well, pcsx2, in its current beta, can go past the language selection, but, in the release version (0.6) this is not possible. Seeing as the beta is closed to the public (at least the ones with no C/C++ knowledge) you are not going to get past the langauge selection screen. You need to get a JAP bios. before you feel inclined to ask me for one, the rules state i cant give you one/tell you were to get one..
google is your freind :)
DC I have all the BIOS I need, and I know the rules, or atleast the most basic rules, which I've read a long time ago. As for C++ knowledge I have done DOS programming, the real pain is when you transfer your .cpp sheet to another PC when their compiler is in a different location then you get many new errors, it's why C++ school edition, and C++ corperate edition don't mix to well. I have no knowledge of assembly so I can't edit the coding. The only useful information you gave, which I thank for your reply, is 0.6 can't get pass the language screen

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
To run a game youll need to use either the CDVDbin plugin included in the emulator for images or a plugin like PEOPS CDVD to run a game off the dvd drive.You dont have to get through bios to run a game.In what instances does PCSX2 fail to detect system.cnf?

·
Registered
330 Posts
err, pcsx2 does not use any ASM (well, other than jump tables, iirc). You can 'get' your own beta. no knowledge of ASM required :)
bositman, I beleive people are finding it impossible to run GTA san andrea's on the emulator. not that it would run very far anyway. it would appear that pcsx2 is not even detecting the system.cnf file. btw Im not to sure, I dont actualy have the game to try it. I think it has something to do with the versions of the file.. dunno :p

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
If you read DC_danman's reply you would know why but it seems like you post without reading anything else.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DC_daNMan that is probably it, different file versions. Thanx man, and the rest of you guys too for your replies. I'm glad to talk to you guys, 75% of the other people on other forums (not here but other sites) are childish and often troll. I hope you guys know that I apreciate you, and I apreciate all the programmers that are apart of NGEMU's site :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts