Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moo.
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to get this game past an enemy's first movement? I can't seem to.

·
Moo.
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The same problem appears on Langrisser IV for the PSX as well... and it appears that it has something to do with the BIOS... will do more testing and see what happens. I managed to get it working on PSXeven 0.19 with some tweaking. My configuration:

PSXeven 0.19
SCPH1001 BIOS
CDRXeven
PEOPS DSound Driver 1.9
PEOPS Soft Driver 1.16

All on default settings.

Or it could be that it's a problem with the CD itself, the images I have may be bad, as the sound emulation is unusually screwy.

Well, for whatever reason, Xeven's sound emulation is slow. Dunno why though.

Edit: Alright, well, I've finished my testing. The game works fine with Xeven's emu (but I haven't found a way to get it to work with ePSXe 1.6.0, I believe it's probably a coding bug), so I'll just leave it at that. His sound emulation is still slow, but I'm sure in a year or so it'll be up there with ePSXe, or at least I hope.

·
Moo.
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep. I've tried multiple video and sound plugins, same results. Always crashes at the same place too. (Beginning of enemy's turn)

·
Registered
1 Posts
hmm i can run both langrisser IV and V

epsxe 1.6.0

BIOS SCPH7502.bin

Video
pete's Opengl 1.75 ( no fixes )

Sound
P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9

the only thing i noticed wrong is the sound bug when loading from epsxe save states but using the epsxe core spu i don't have that problem, if you want more info i'll post SS of my exact configs for both plugins and epsxe

·
Moo.
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already found a fix for it. Thanks anyways though.

PSXeven's emu will let Pe Ops 1.16 read Langrisser IV and V correctly. It's really too bad there're no translations of these games available...

With sound weirdness with Pe Ops in Xeven's emu, you have to bump up the frameskipping limit to 65, and that fixes it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts