Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hmm, just got back from the movie, and i really really wanted to like it, but unfortunately it was nothing more than a average mediocre zombie movie with enough blood to push the R-rating to the brink of NC-17 (sorry for non-americans, i dunno toehr rating systems :p). If anyone else has any comments please tell me, because i just can't bring myself to enjoy this movie, and i am a huge horror film nut, especially george a. romero's clasics, but this one probably wont hurt or help his reputation, just seems too...done before. I have a bigger review in my blog, just didnt feel like typing at all again.

I'de Love some feedback.

although i did enjoy looking for the director and actor from shaun of the dead being zombies in the movie, though they were really easy to spot. It's really good to see romero back, but i want some new interesting ideas, not stuff he's already covered in other movies. Seems more like an excuse to kill people in as many gruesome ways as possible than a movie.

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Even if I was old enough I wouldn't go to see that movie :).

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
So how did they turn into zombies?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Erm, sorry for my ignorance, but is Land of the Dead a remake/sequel of those previous zombie-infesting movies? (e.g. Dawn of the dead)

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sera said:
Erm, sorry for my ignorance, but is Land of the Dead a remake/sequel of those previous zombie-infesting movies? (e.g. Dawn of the dead)
yea, but most of what was in the movie was covered in day of the dead.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Genre: Action / Drama / Horror / Thriller

Tagline: The Legendary Filmmaker Brings You His Ultimate Zombie Masterpiece

Plot Outline: The living dead have taken over the world, and the last humans live in a walled city to protect themselves as they come to grips with the situation.

Comments: A true George Romero movie

Cast overview, first billed only:
Simon Baker .... Riley
John Leguizamo .... Cholo
Dennis Hopper .... Kaufman
Asia Argento .... Slack
Robert Joy .... Charlie
Eugene Clark .... Big Daddy
Joanne Boland .... Pretty Boy
Tony Nappo .... Foxy
Jennifer Baxter .... Number 9
Boyd Banks .... Butcher
Jasmin Geljo .... Tambourine Man
Max McCabe .... Mouse (as Maxwell McCabe-Lokos)
Tony Munch .... Anchor
Shawn Roberts .... Mike
Pedro Miguel Arce .... Pillsbury

Also Known As:
Dead Reckoning (USA) (working title)
George A. Romero's Land of the Dead (USA) (complete title)
George Romero's Land of the Dead (USA) (complete title)
Twilight of the Dead (USA) (working title)
MPAA: Rated R for pervasive strong violence and gore, language, brief sexuality and some drug use.
Runtime: 93 min
Language: English
Color: Color
Sound Mix: DTS / Dolby Digital / SDDS
Certification: Canada:18A (British Columbia/Manitoba/Ontario) / Mexico:C / USA:R / Canada:13+ (Québec) / UK:15 / Australia:MA / Denmark:15 / France:-16 / Germany:18 / Hong Kong:III / Ireland:18 / Italy:VM14 / Japan:R-15 / Netherlands:16 / Norway:18 / South Korea:18 / Spain:18

Trivia: This is the fourth film in George Romero's zombie series which Romero says it takes place after Night of the Living Dead with no specific time frame. The last zombie film he wrote and directed was Day of the Dead (1985) which was released twenty years ago.

Goofs: Errors in geography: When Cholo is raiding the liquor store in Uniontown he takes cigars from a display. Liquor stores in Pennyslvannia (which are all state run) do not sell tobacco products of any kind. The only items one can buy in them other than wine and spirits are corkscrews and wine sleeves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts