Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I've looked around and didn't see anything about this so I thought I'd ask directly. Cause believe it or not you guys have helped me indirectly a couple of times :lol:

Anyway, every time a cut scene happens it lags really badly and sometimes freezes. But I powered through it for the most, but now it always freezes during the end credits of Chrono Cross. Any ideas?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
post your system specs, plugin setup and screen shots of how you have them configured. also state the version of epsxe you are using and if you are playing from the disc or an image.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fiddled around with the CD Plugins a little and got it to work past it. But still appreciate all help.

I'm not sure what my specs are. I have Pete's D3D Driver 1.77

Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41

And Pete's CDR ASPI/IOCTL 1.11

And I have 1.7.0 and I've got the disk.

·
Better be better than yesterday
4,098 Posts
For full software drawing, put it to value 0. And for your PC specs:

-For your CPU and RAM, right-clik on "my computer" then click on "properties". The name of your CPU, his clock and the amount of your RAM is displayed just at the bottom of the windows.

-For your graphics card, right-click anywhere on the desktop but an icon, then click on "properties" then "parameters". The name of your video card is displayed just after the representation of your screen.

Also, welcome here Seaslugs.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I wouldn't recommend deactivating "full software drawing" as Red says especially with Chrono Cross it will make the game unplayable in certain parts so leave Framebuffer access at 4.
But anyway for more better analysis needs system specs (PS: i would recommend making and after using a image)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome :D

CPU and RAM
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz
1.99 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Graphics Card (I'm not sure about this, I don't have a parameters tab but it should be close enough :thumb:)
Defaul Monitor on RADEON 7500 Family

Powerful little beast ain't it [/sarcasm :lol:] Yea, my old laptop decided to stop working last week so I had to get this desktop. Not that my old laptop was any more powerful, but this monitor so does not go with the rest of the system.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
disable mask bit.

I wouldn't recommend deactivating "full software drawing" as Red says especially with Chrono Cross it will make the game unplayable in certain parts so leave Framebuffer access at 4.
But anyway for more better analysis needs system specs (PS: i would recommend making and after using a image)
frame buffer textures is best set to 3, else certain effects will be missing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.