Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I felt like playing ChronoCross and salvaged a dump of it from my 8-year-old Windows XP (having lost my original CD -_-) and started playing, but the entire thing just lags horribly, with the sound repeating just like a broken record. I ran an actual Playstation game on it (X-men VS Street Fighter Alpha) and same thing happened. I'll list my video plug-in and compy specs.

Plugin: P.E.Op.S. OpenGL Driver 1.1.78
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics
OGL version: 2.1.7981 Release

Resolution/Color:
- 640x480 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing
- V-Sync: Driver
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8A8A8
- iFiltering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- VRam size: 0 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: 60.0

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 2
- Framebuffer texture: 0
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Game fixes: on [00000000]

4GB RAM
AMD Turion X2 Ultra 64, Dual-Core, 2.20 GHz
ATI Radeon Graphics

I'm a tech n00b, I just scribbled down whatever I could think of that you might need to help me...

The best would be to find a way of converting my ISO back to a burnable form that the Playstation recognises so I can play it on my PSX and relieve the nostalgic times... I deleted the converter that I used way back then, so I have no way of knowing if that utility could have helped me with it... Plus it's a pain to boot that old desktop to try and recover files, especially since I reformatted it a year ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah. I see. Then how much VRam do I need to assign to the slot?

Also, the link... burnt several of my braincells because I'm too much of a tech-n00b to wrap my head around the jargon and bad grammar... What am I supposed to get out of the link? Other than the fact that ATi doesn't support OpenGL...

EDIT: Wait, is it a lost cause to try to emulate stuff on my laptop then? >_<

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
you can check dxdiag for the shared memory size.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.