Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kinda troubled with this topic. 1 week ago, i failed to fall asleep in the night and fell asleep around 8:30 in the morning, only to be woken up again around 11 o'clock.

I know i have vacation, and because of that im lazier than ever, and therefore dont need as much sleep as at other times. But right now, its 4:04 GMT+1 and i think the same thing is gonna happen. Im really worried, even though i know i shouldnt.

What should i do ?

·
God of Douchebagness™
9,826 Posts
read. my eyes usually get tired after 15 minutes or so and i fall right to sleep.

·
soshin
2,595 Posts
Do you sleep sporadically during the day?If you do, that might be why you have hard time sleeping during the night. But if you don't, well I don't know. Also, Jonc2006's suggestion might work. It does for me

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I fell asleep watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 Secret of the Ooze, Charline did as well. We never did watch that movie again...

·
Windows 8 Pro
1,148 Posts
You may be stressed out about something, or a diet change may be forcing your body to rebalance, or maybe some environmental change is making you too awake. There are lots of things that can cause sleeping patterns to be disrupted.

A temporary fix can be sleeping pills or something like Nyquil. They are useful for getting sleep patterns back where you need them. If you develop full insomnia, see a doctor. They have strong sleep medications and can advise you on any external forces that may be disrupting your normal sleep behaviors.

I work nights so I frequently have insomnia. Going to bed in the day on a regular basis is not normal at all.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
When I was younger I did an Internship at a local business and the night shift didn't bother me. I worked 11:00 pm - 7:00 am and slept until 1 pm then took a nap from 9:00pm to 10:00 pm and went to work...

It was good for two weeks...

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ive managed to fall asleep around 6:10 and slept on till around 10:30. I did it with the help of the tv and the couch, pretty amazing.

My matrass is pretty much dead. It doesn't feel comfortable to lay on compared to a couple of weeks ago(or maybe that because ive just noticed). The funny thing is that my dad has the same thing...

·
Deus ex machina
1,110 Posts
One thing that can help you is by putting yourself into an everyday morning schedule, doing a certain activity (eventhough it is vacation for you). Put your clock to ring at about 10 am for example and go out for a walk, or do some exercise.

I've been unemployed for a period and had the same problem. It's all about the lack of a certain program for your daily life. Once i found work again, i didn't have the problem anymore. Or try doing some housework, that will make you sleepy.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
try doing some housework, that will make you sleepy.
hmm, dishes :D

We were supposed to go swimming today, but it didnt go through because of the stupid weather. Atleast i have more time to do other stuff now, like....

DISHES :D

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Unfortunately that ain't it in fact going outside makes things worse (though i do have a schedule like waking up at 6:30 AM (can't sleep longer) and i do exercise though just indoors). But once autumn/winter comes i'll be ok again ^^.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately that ain't it in fact going outside makes things worse (though i do have a schedule like waking up at 6:30 AM (can't sleep longer) and i do exercise though just indoors). But once autumn/winter comes i'll be ok again ^^.
I have that too :D

Whenever its summer i have trouble falling asleep, regardless of heat or vacation, but whenever its winter i cant stop falling asleep constantly.

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
Stay awake for one night and go to sleep at right time the next night... Then wake up at the right time(whatever your schedule is) and I think it should be fixed, you might be kinda half dead for two days but after that it should be okay... Whatever you do, don't go to sleep during the day!!! It just f***s you up even worse.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
I have that too :D

Whenever its summer i have trouble falling asleep, regardless of heat or vacation, but whenever its winter i cant stop falling asleep constantly.
I didn't mean it like that, my troubles are that i feel really tired no matter how much i sleep in the summer (because of my allergie and medication) though in winter everything is ok :p

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
I didn't mean it like that, my troubles are that i feel really tired no matter how much i sleep in the summer (because of my allergie and medication) though in winter everything is ok :p
My dad would say: "Go outside, and get some excersize! You don't feel so lazy after that!"

And then he'd come up a plan to move a pile of wooden boards two meters from where they're now, just to move them again two months later... I'm so glad I don't live at home anymore!:D

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well, ive got uhhhhh........ whats it called in english...

*wiki*

edit: ive got allergic rhinitis, yeah, thats what its called in english i think. Anyway, 'hooikoorts' can occur throughout the entire year because its caused by house dust mite and pollen, and these mites are around often in the summer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.