Next Generation Emulation banner
41 - 53 of 117 Posts
Discussion starter · #98 ·
Updated Durazno a bit, now the trigger deadzone is changed to trigger range with min/max settings. Default values are 0 and 255 for Min and Max respectively. Min is basically the deadzone, and Max is for games that really want a 255 value and forces you to keep the trigger pressed tight.

Also added the option when remapping to disable a control, any customizable. Just press the DELETE button when remaping that control and it should show as "OFF". It was super easy to do, I thought it was gonna be way more complicated. :p

@Taran, if you can test this one and still crashes please post the crash information.

Discussion starter · #103 ·
Relative paths on the INI file? That depends on how the program works. You can try and if it works, then it works.

Lock game path? I suppose it could be possible to make an entry read only. You can try that with the real registry. Once you have some settings, you can change its permissions.

And no, it does not get rid of anything. It simply redirects some registry functions to a file. That's also why it won't alter how programs use registry entries (relative paths).

Discussion starter · #105 ·
If the paths work, then just change them from the INI itself. That way the emu won't change your settings again. I dunno if setting the INI file to read only would work.

Safe to delete registry entries? I suppose. RegEmu doesn't use the registry, just the ini file. Also, keep in mind it's super WIP and a LOT of registry functions ain't implemented.

Discussion starter · #106 ·
I've made some changes to Regemu32 recently. It's been mostly rewritten so might not work when it previously did.

Some functionality has been merged, and avoids code duplication. That let me support different functions easily, so more functions are supported.

Besides that, some passthrough functions have been added to improve compatibility. Though ideally all non-messed-up functions should have a passthrough, that would be quite a lot of typing.

The patcher itself has been reworked as a command line tool, so it's easier to make batches with it. The zip includes two sample batch files to patch/unpatch all exe and dll files. Fullcheck is disabled, so there's no compatibility check but makes it super fast.

Some programs might just hit a bug or require a non implemented export / function and won't work. Other programs might require to be unpacked before patching.

Discussion starter · #108 ·
I don't have a list, but I've tested it on emus and some games and programs I have. But it can get tricky, as with PJ64 for example, the exe has to be unpacked first.

Discussion starter · #110 ·
I'll check about the spaces. And yes, the sample bat files will try to run the patcher on itself because it lists all dll's and exe's, but regemu ignores itself so it's should all be fine. This files are meant to be run on the same place where the patcher is.

As for Sims, I have no idea. The program could do anything in order to write things to the registry. Could even load some other file into memory that imports the kernel functions to write directly into it.

If you really wanna find out, you can try with API monitor and see what part of Sims tries to access the registry.

Discussion starter · #114 ·
Because it's probably reading, not writing to the registry. If you assume the installer wrote the things, then makes sense the application would only read.

I cannot make your application work. Regemu ain't a user friendly program and will require some work to make it work. Your best chance would be API monitor, and your own registry after a proper installation.

Discussion starter · #116 ·
At the bottom of the first post, you'll see some (old) links. GetFocus is in one of them. It had a very specific use case, so beware.

The typex loader ain't an emu, it's a loader. So the games run as if you had the arcade machine (a PC running Windows) and yes, were meant to work with specific hardware.

41 - 53 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.