Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone got this to play perfect. I cant get the intro to show, its just a gray screen. What is the best config for it?

i have a
P3 665
128 megs ram
voodoo 3 2000
Sound blaster live x-gamer.

S

·
0 Posts
I have the game but haven't started it in a while. I have a GEForce 2 GTS so I use Pete's OGL vers. 1.51, set to nice, and then I tweak in game from the menu. For you, I would reccommend Lewpy's latest plugin since it is made for glide based cards, which your Voodoo 3 2000 is. I can't use Lewpy's w/my GEForce because it tells me "none glide card". So I can't tell you what settings to try. Just play around w/the various options and you should get nice MDECs and graphics. BTW, the game plays fine for me.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'd be interested in how you got the movies to work too, amiga, since I get the grey screen thingy too with all movies in the game. While under FPSE the movies run just fine with the same graphics plug-in. I haven't played with the new version of epsxe except to test to see if the movies run, but I had locking up problems shortly after the first fight too. I haven't played around with it too much except to try and get the movies working without success.

S

·
0 Posts
I'll give it a try real soon and let you know what I discover. It always worked fine for me but that was before the new version. I'll test it soon and post the results.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Sorry it took me till tonight to reply, but I fared the same as both of you. Gray screen at the begining, opening screen w/select game etc. was fine, opening MDEC sound and a black screen, first moster fight and thereafter perfect. Speech, using Iori's SPU vers. 1.46 some words slightly clipped but still understandable, all other speech perfect. Graphics after intro and MDEC using Pete's OGL vers. 1.51, perfect. That's about it. I have no idea what is going on w/the intro or opening MDEC. My video card is a GEForce 2 GTS. Hope this helps some.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hmm ... let me see if I'm reading you right here sx/amiga. You're saying mdecs after the intro mdecs play fine? Or just that the game plays and looks fine? If so then no big loss, I can see the pretty opening graphics under fpse. The BEST and MOST compatible emulator. ^,^ No offense intended to any emulator teams and authors there, I just couldn't resist sorry. GeForce 2 GTS here too by the way. And you can probably fix the clipped speech by increasing iori's buffer size. Just a guess, since I didn't notice any speech problems when I was messing around with it today.

S

·
0 Posts
I ment that game looks and plays fine. The MDECs, as both of you said, are messed up. Thanks for the tip about the speech, I'll give it a try. As for what was said about FPSE, no way! That is simply not true IMHO and I know there are many many others who would agree with me.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 10 of 10 Posts