Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
I've kind of been delaying playing KotOR 2 for the first time due to the impending release of this patch.

·
Classic Games Lover
5,280 Posts
I wish somebody did some proper Vista patch for both KOTORs. They don't even run properly under XP on my computer (well, KOTOR2 seems ok, but 1 is hell with random exits to Windows).

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Wow, thats a lot of changed stuff since i last played it oO i guess imma have to give it another run through. And it has worked perfectly for me whenver i try and run it. Even on 7 i think, no positive though

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
The problem is that the version of MSS32.dll (Miles Surround) that comes with Kotor 1 is optimised for a Hardware buffer.

Vista lacks access to hardware buffers unless OpenAL + Alchemy (or realtek's equivalent is used) so the game fails to start.

It can also be Extension overflow, which the latest drivers have an extension limit of 4844 to fix.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I wonder how Steam's version (Knights of the Old Republic) works compared to Retail, it's listed as Vista compatible...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.