korea handheld gpx2

908 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Vanit 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Silenus said:
Looks good!

But now that I see it well

Man! no rechargable batteries

that's a shame having to buy this days 2xAA to play new handheld.
Eh, just use a nice NiMH battery 4-pack charger combo. You can always have 2 in your device, and the other 2 in the wall charging. That's what I use on my GBA (I still use the original, not the SP). You can get it for like 15 bucks or so, and unlike where you have to plug the unit itself in, you can ALWAYS play, since one pair is always charging while you're playing.

#6 ·
I was looking through the site and it seems like a really nice player. I bet its gonna be great system for emu's and stuff. Some of the specs is what PSP shouldve had like video codec supports. http://www.gpx2.com/product/product_spec.asp

I wonder what the dual cpu core speeds are at? THE CPU's are ARM920T : Host processor and ARM940T : Video Coprocessor

Also if they really wanted to make this popular they should include ogm and mkv support to make it really popular to people who want the system for watching videos on the go.

Did the last GP32 have big library of games? All i remember hearing about the system was playing snes and nes emulators on it. I remember seeing few flashy video games on it but not many.

#8 ·
Well Tapwave stopped its failed attemp into the handheld market. Maybe GPX2 is gonna follow Tapwave. All i know it has good specs and something else that playing games. Plus it got fans that will buy it. But seriously does anyone know any companies that are gonna make games for it? Like big companies or are we gonna see fanbased games or ports by fans. I remember seeing ports like doom for the orginal GP32. The only reason to buy it would be a really small divx player.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.