Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Read this article at www.neoragex.com ...

here is some paerts from the article :

other then that, i wonder if anyone remember my post about guessing what cart size and what encryption was on KOF2001...
according to what ive heard from my friends in a PCB company, 2001 is the BIGGEST neo geo game ever. something like 892mb...he is not very sure about the encryption, but as far as i know, it's the same as KOF99. piece of cake for manson (i guess)

BETAs carts were somehow leaked in Korea and China, so dont be surprised if there are pirate 2k1 carts, and decrypted romsets floating in the net...

I hope to play kof2k1 on my pc as soon as possible.. but at the same time, i hope the game makers can get more money from this game.. if kof2k1 come out so soon, it will surely decrease their revenue..... damn..

·
Registered
965 Posts
892Mbit, they mean. Which would weigh it in at about 110MB.

Same encryption as kof99? Yea, ok. And I'm ****ing Betty Crocker, because I know what guys want.

'Piece of cake for you Manson.' Yea, Manson never did anything except get the first 256k of a kof2k program ROM. Or was that his partner? Oh well.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
bad for me, where can I take that ammount of data?

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Nightmare
Read this article at www.neoragex.com ...

here is some paerts from the article :

I hope to play kof2k1 on my pc as soon as possible.. but at the same time, i hope the game makers can get more money from this game.. if kof2k1 come out so soon, it will surely decrease their revenue..... damn..
well, at least they dont have to care about the netherlands...I've never even seen any KOF arcade machine here....

The only time I get to play arcade games in an actual arcade is on holidays.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Its good that it can be emulated
its bad because it is too big(110 megs)
Still I will be downloading it
needs practice to beat the countless challengers
and doesn't enough time to play in arcade
always taken

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
If it does come out when I'll probably download it, but just to complete my Neo Geo collection. Frankly, I think the KOF games are rather dated. They should have improved the graphics (and the engine) a long time ago. Samurai Shodown 4, Real Bout 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and the Megal Slug games are probably the only Neo Geo games that truly impressed me. The earlier KOF games (96, 97) were good and I was hooked on them for a while but with the later games it got somewhat repetitious and boring.

And I don't know if it would matter whether the game was emulated or not. SNK's pretty much bankrupt. KOF 2001 is to be their last game before they sign off for good.

·
king Kong Never Dies!
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Demigod79
. Samurai Shodown 4, Real Bout 2, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and the Megal Slug games are probably the only Neo Geo games that truly impressed me. The earlier KOF games (96, 97) were good and I was hooked on them for a while but with the later games it got somewhat repetitious and boring.

I have totally different taste.. I just dont like those games like Samurai Shodown and Real Bout.. personally, i think the gameplays suck and the game speeds are way too slow. And for metal slig.. it is indeed a very good game, but i dont see why everyone like it so much since i remember there were alot of similar games on Sfc and mega drive platforms. I think may be it is not many this type of game in arcade thats y it is so popular..

And for kof series, i only like kof98 and kof99. Kof97 is way too many bugs and the gameplay isnt that good.And for kof2k, i dont like this one, the new striker system was specifiacally designed for runners and cheaters, the new character like Vanessa is like "fish",u need to take ages to "catch" her and once u r closed to her,the damned striker will came out and kick u away or stop u from attacking...And also, not to mention those "fireballers" like "k" and "King" with "seth" as their striker..which u can use out all 60 sec just to find a chance to hit them or block all their fireballs or avoid their striker, i think u know what i mean if u ever play with those players with "k" + "seth" and "king" + "seth"...).

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
well, I think I can beat 5 hour connected to download the game, by the way, the Kof2k (is right typed?) is maybe a bad game, but all the others was just great, I liked the most the KoF96 (it was for arcade?) by the way, Im downloading now, So I can tell more later ^^``(off topic subject I know)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I agree with the fact that the KoF series became somewhat repetitive, but I also think that the striker system on KoF2K was an interesting change to it. Of course, there are some disadvantages which may get you down, just like Nightmare pointed out. But it's like you can create a whole new different set of combos and style of fight. I think that renewed the very spirit of the game as it was digging its hole into the world of boredom from KoF'97 until '99. Well, '99 already had a kind of striker system, but it wasn't nearly that effective as it works in the 2K ver.

However, talking about it, my edition of prference is KoF'94, the very first one of its family. That was the true battle; the clean and pure spirit of fighting - just charce your power bar and go for it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts