Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gamespot has revealed some new screens for this great combo hit :)

As you can see , The stages have been all turned to 3D with some new ones aswell . Strangely some of the 3d stages aren't as good as 2d ones (maybe that's just my opinion) .

Sub bosses of KOF2003 are now playable , but the major dissapointment is the low-res sprites , which were expected .

Sources : KOFCyberfanatics and Game Spot

S

·
0 Posts
at least these stages seem to fit nicely; an exception being the floor in the last 2 pics.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Same thoughts here.....

I never played a game from the KOF series, what makes it so special when compared to other games of the same genre?

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
It is more of a draw for people who grew up playing games with SNK characters. The characters themselves are unique and have varried backgrounds...and there is a lot of them. The 3 on 3 or sometimes 4 on 4 play mechanics are done quite well...The KOF series is actually the one that originated this gameplay (we think? Kizuna Encounter?) before the Capcom VS games and now with Guilty Gear Izuka...
The gameplay is good too...and the storyline is quite good if you have followed the series

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
>> This should be good, but the spirtes remind me of SNK vs Capcom 2....

Yeah, because most of them are really the same.

·
Sword for hire...a Pro
433 Posts
as much as i love SNK, they really need to put some effort in those games,
make a ""Re-bout"" of every kof and include AST and OST some mini games would be nice too .

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
maybe with the screenshot some of the quality is lost. i doubt they'd let it come out looking like ass.

S

·
0 Posts
they seem final to me...and IMO not that bad at all....not bad for a KOF game, that is.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
heh heh. yeah, KOF always came off as being half-ass to me

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
IMO, it's not that it's half-ass... the problem is that they simply maintained the Neo-Geo graphics in the PS2 port. I mean, not that it is bad (for me), but it could have been waaay better -- look at the first high-definition drawings from SNK-P in KOF'94 Re-Bout: although the designs are the same from those of the original KOF, the aspect and look of the sprites are far superior. If they had put a bit more effort on the characters' sprites of this KOF2002/2003 release (after all, a *specific* release for PS2 is always expected), they could have come out just as nicely. From the pictures above, you can clearly see that some of the graphics have been improved over the arcade version, like the energy bars and fonts; too bad the characters didn't receive the same treatment themselves.

·
Registered
10,609 Posts
We're still not getting an answer to the 'ultimate question' Do Mai's breasts bounce?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Oh, probably not. :( Well, maybe in the japanese and european versions it is a more valid possibility.

S

·
0 Posts
well, in the case she doesn't, you might be able to use that strange "no-bounce-cheat" ;P
....for some funny reason, in a number of KOFS, when Mai doesn't bounce AI opponents don't move either (as long as your Mai doesn't move) which makes for some cheap victories :D (I guess the characters too were shocked by the no-bounce :D )

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Yeah, I remember that. Maybe, as you suggested, the characters lose the will to fight knowing that Mai's breats won't bounce anymore nonetheless. :p

Well, for one thing, they improved Shermie's legs in KOF2002 over the 97/98 versions. They're much sexier now. :evil:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts