Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just found out about the pcsx2 emulator, wanted to try out my ps2 games and see how they work out on my comp. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could help with the problems I have been having with playing Kingdom hearts. I believe that I have everything required to play, including patches and plugins, DVD game disc, and more than enough power. Anyway, When I boot from the disc, the first thing that I notice is that there is no text that I can see from the start screen, knowing how to enter a new profile, I create a new game, but when the dic begins to load the game, the screen goes black and I recieve the following error: pcsx2.exe has encountered a problem and will now close. Has anyone else had this problem? And is there away to fix it? Thx for reading and I hopr to hear from someone soon!!! :p

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Even if you manage to get ingame you dont even have remotely enough power to emulate the ps2 since the emulator isnt even complete yet(example: athlon64 4000+ / dual gf 6800 ultra SLI /2gb ram -->2/60fps ingame)
So if you want to play the game,just put it into your ps2

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
also you are getting that error because you are trying to run it in the recompiler, interpreter is the most successful method of running it

·
A Square Fan!
592 Posts
I get 3-6 fps using Rec and D3D. And with VUrec the speed goes up to 10-13fps.
But they do not work ok yet, and they mess half screen graphics.
I hope linuz fix this ;)

To Aximil777: I forget that in 0.8 the game is really unstable. If you can pass 10secs running without crash, it would be a miracle.

EDIT: Refraction, in 0.8 Rec an Int are the almost the same. I know cos I have been testing hours in 0.8. In interpreter the game does not crash but the fps goes up to 40, and the image doesn't move. So, is the same. ;)

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
TWave said:
I get 3-6 fps using Rec and D3D. And with VUrec the speed goes up to 10-13fps.
But they do not work ok yet, and they mess half screen graphics.
I hope linuz fix this ;)

To Aximil777: I forget that in 0.8 the game is really unstable. If you can pass 10secs running without crash, it would be a miracle.
as i said, eeRec is unstable with that game, interpreter is the best bet, altho you are looking at top speeds of a 2-5fps ingame.

Vu-Rec: not a chance in hell, even now it looks like sora has a broken back and the graphics are spikey as hell

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
refraction said:
as i said, eeRec is unstable with that game, interpreter is the best bet, altho you are looking at top speeds of a 2-5fps ingame.

Vu-Rec: not a chance in hell, even now it looks like sora has a broken back and the graphics are spikey as hell
What is interpreter?

Where do I go to change the settings thx for help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bositman said:
Even if you manage to get ingame you dont even have remotely enough power to emulate the ps2 since the emulator isnt even complete yet(example: athlon64 4000+ / dual gf 6800 ultra SLI /2gb ram -->2/60fps ingame)
So if you want to play the game,just put it into your ps2
Also, my computer has mre than enough power to use thiis emulator seamlessly

Monster comp
Athlon fx 55 64 bit processor
2 gig ram
ATI x850 XT platinum graphics card

·
PCSX2 Coder
10,122 Posts
Aximil777 said:
Also, my computer has mre than enough power to use thiis emulator seamlessly

Monster comp
Athlon fx 55 64 bit processor
2 gig ram
ATI x850 XT platinum graphics card
that is nowhere near minimum specs required for full speed.

youd need a 10ghz+ pc to run the emu full speed.

you will probably manage about 20-30fps in vu-rec, but dont expect much more ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.