Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Killing Floor (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Killing Floor (2009 video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

New game on pre-order for Steam. Another zombie game, it was apparently originally a mod for UT2004, but now it's being updated and released on Steam. Looks pretty kick-ass awesome from what I've seen(check out the HD trailer on Steam)- to me it looks to be the amount of weapons/enemies/variety I would have liked from L4D or possibly a sequel to that game. Nice and gory, gritty, possibly a bit scary from what I can see, and of course with a 6-player co-op element(L6D anyone?) is making this game look pretty nice imo. 25% for another 2 weeks($15, then up to $20).

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
it looks like a yet another game thats cashing in on the zombie concept, and yet another game that wouldve been a free mod but now with an improved graphic engine and little gameplay tweaks makes it a full retail game.... to me its an epic fail just like left 4 dead, which is ten years old gameplay, no plot, multiplayer only with just blasting anything that moves.... ill play duke 3d and get much more origional gameplay

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it looks like a yet another game thats cashing in on the zombie concept, and yet another game that wouldve been a free mod but now with an improved graphic engine and little gameplay tweaks makes it a full retail game.... to me its an epic fail just like left 4 dead, which is ten years old gameplay, no plot, multiplayer only with just blasting anything that moves.... ill play duke 3d and get much more origional gameplay
*cough*Looks at location*cough*slips Snicko and Squall $20*cough*

Idiot.

·
Unlimited...
11,073 Posts
So i bought the game even with my doubts and..

I would be shocked if someone has actually DIED on this game. Its waaaaaayyyyy too easy. Needs more modes. Basically all you do is

1. Wait for Zombies

2. Kill the Easy Zombies

3. Buy Weapons

Repeat

I really like the graphics and atmosphere but gameplay is a bit...shallow really. It needs more content, more meat. But HEY! the sdk is there so i still have high hopes for this game. I know a lot of brilliant people will make the game more fun.

So far the game is a 6.5/10 for me. Have a lot of potential but it needs more time.

·
Unlimited...
11,073 Posts
Dont really know. The game came out today after hours of delay. And when its finally out its a complete Technical chaos. Some people find it extremely hard and some extremely easy. People have made threads asking on how to change difficulty lol

But oh well. I paid 15$ for it. Guess i cant complain much. Its a low budget game with a lot of potential.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.