Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with Killer 7 on Dolphin... :(
It runs perfect, sound works great same as graphic, but I've got an huge problem...
Guns don't work... I mean, when I try to kill someone, it doesn't work... it's like shooting at the air...
Any suggestions? It's fixable?
I'm using Dolphin R2787 and an NTSC version of Killer 7...

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Core issue most likely, probably not even fixable at this point in time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I'm having a problem with Killer 7 on Dolphin... :(
It runs perfect, sound works great same as graphic, but I've got an huge problem...
Guns don't work... I mean, when I try to kill someone, it doesn't work... it's like shooting at the air...
Any suggestions? It's fixable?
I'm using Dolphin R2787 and an NTSC version of Killer 7...
So, you shoot and enemies don't get hit? Haven't been bothered to dump my copy since i finished the game so many times in the console, but i could give it a try to check it out.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yep, confirmed. Shoots at air (both training and normal game). A shame, because it looks really good on the PC (although with some graphical glitches and missing sounds/graphics/effects)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Is this working?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Is this working?
I *think* i read somewhere that it was. I could give it a quick test, as i was itching to rip it again and test it in HD glory.

·
Registered
377 Posts
It's working. Sound cutting itself it's the only issue i have seen, besides some little graphical glitches here and there.

I'll try to finish the game to spot any other problems. So far HD & Widescreen hack looks great with this game.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Which SVN are you using? I'm tried the latest r48xx to r49xx revisions, the gun shots still doesn't seem to hit.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Which SVN are you using? I'm tried the latest r48xx to r49xx revisions, the gun shots still doesn't seem to hit.
Are you for real? :D

But really, it is working. 4977/4980.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Seriously, I tried the latest 4992. It didn't work. However, i can finally hear some voice recordings & more sound effects, but not in sync with the video all the time.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Seriously, I tried the latest 4992. It didn't work. However, i can finally hear some voice recordings & more sound effects, but not in sync with the video all the time.
Use the revision i told you...

I even tested 4994. It's still working in this revision, although now only on OGL. D3D lost some graphics from what i could see, OGL only lost the "blood particles" effect when you choose the level and shoot the shadow (it has been like that from various revs).

·
Registered
186 Posts
:D

It's working with latest svns, but it's a pity that the audio is still not synchronized.

·
Registered
377 Posts
:D

It's working with latest svns, but it's a pity that the audio is still not synchronized.
Yeah, and many voices are missing or cut itself. Right now i'm more concerned about the game-hanging bugs, though.

Meanwhile i'll just enjoy the 1st level on HD :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently tried this game with Dolphin 2.0. Playability of NTSC version (GK7E08) is "In Game".

Platform: Used 32bit and 64bit builds of the 2.0 binary downloaded from the website. Running Vista Pro with a quad-core Q6600 Intel chip & 8500GT nVidia card. Same results with both binaries and both with and without multithreading enabled. All other settings, except changes to the control pad config, were the defaults.

Description of problem:
Fatal problem occurs on reaching the titular enemy of the first mission "Angel". While the gun can then be fired multiple times, the first shot aimed an angel wing causes an error window to pop up with the text "FIFO out of bounds (sz = nnnnnnn, at pppppppp)". Usually clicking OK to the message leads to a seemingly infinite series of identical messages with nnnnnnn increasing each time and pppppppp being all 0's, necessitating killing the process. A couple times, when using a save state instead of letting the game load from a saved file, Dolphin crashes instead of putting up more and more errors after the first.

Other misc notes:
* State of audio seems identical to previous comments: any sound or music that is longer than about one second will cut out after that first second. This does not apply to FMV audio, which plays all the way through, though sometimes falls out of sync.
* The boss's silhouette dispersing in to particles does not happen when the mission begins, as noted earlier, but it does happen as it should when resuming from a mid-mission save.
* Except for these bugs, game play is just fine.

Later, I will try to import a save game and see if there's a problem on any of the subsequent missions.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.