Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alryt folks, I'm lookin' for some sweet DS games, specifically the best ones in the following genres:

- Strategy (Command & Conquer style...build structures, units, etc)
- Dungeon Crawler (Dungeon Master style)
- Horror/Action (Doom, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, whatever)

Any any other really cool ones up for the mention. Thanks! :eyemove:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Nah, not really what I'm lookin' for, but thanks for the suggestion. Really wanna good dungeon crawler and something like command and conquer or total annihilation. That'd be cool.

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
Etrian Odysessy.

I haven't played but it's supposed to be a hardcore dungeon crawler (even though it obviously has anime influenced art).

Strategy games, hmmm, maybe Advance Wars: Days of Ruin or Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution OR Age of Empires: The Age of Kings ?

And as for shooters similiar to Doom, I'd suggest looking into Dementium: The Ward

EDIT:

There's also Shiren the Wanderer games which is a roguelike but that genre is close enough to dungeon crawler.

·
Registered
58 Posts
the world ends with you great story excellent graphics very unique fighting system great replay value

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Etrian Odysessy.

I haven't played but it's supposed to be a hardcore dungeon crawler (even though it obviously has anime influenced art).

Strategy games, hmmm, maybe Advance Wars: Days of Ruin or Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution OR Age of Empires: The Age of Kings ?

And as for shooters similiar to Doom, I'd suggest looking into Dementium: The Ward

EDIT:

There's also Shiren the Wanderer games which is a roguelike but that genre is close enough to dungeon crawler.
Thanks man! You've got some really good suggestions there. Etrian Odysessy looks pretty good, but I was lookin' for something without a turned based battle system, otherwise they're all kinda what I'm after. :)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Well I can't say how good they are. But the only dungeon ones that exist on the DS that are real time and have the same point of view as Etrian Odyssey that I know of are Deep Labyrith, Mazes of Fate and Orcs and Elves.

Strategy, other than those mentioned theres's also Command and Destroy. Heroes of Mana also follows an RTS gameplay sort of.

As for horror...the only one I can think of is Dementium the Ward.

The DS really is not the best system for any of these and I can't attest to the quality of any of them, they merely fit the genre requested.
I have been keeping track of DS games for a long time, so it's unlikely you will find anything else other than those mentioned in this thread so far (including those that I mentioned)...at least nothing english...and I am not aware of anything japnese either but there something might have slipped through.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the Orcs and Elves suggestion there man. That looks like a pretty cool dungeon crawler.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
You're welcome I hope you enjoy it and it's what you want.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
Orcs and Elves are cool on mobile phones, too. :p

Anyway, The World Ends With You isn't a strategy game, nor is it anything that is too different from a Kingdom Hearts style game, so I don't think that's what you guys should recommend. :p

As for strategy, the DS doesn't have many RTS, or if at all.

Here's one that is Command and Conquer style, but I suspect it's any good. The game is called Command and Destroy. (I :lol: at the name)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts