Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Its just an emulator that also happens to be a commerical product. If you want it you buy it. Obtaining it otherwise could be considered as theft.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
theft!? thats a bunch of bull.....what do you think emulation is? theft.....thats right.....everyone is using emulation so they don't have to go out and buy the games....so giving me a key code is no different then everyone using emulation......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so they are still not getting money from you buying a playstation console........what about all the other emulators for all the other systems? they are not getting money from them are they?

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
They don't make any money from the hardware anyway as they are sold at a loss. The money is made from licensing the software. As for other systems well usually by the time an emulator is developed the console has reached the end of its development cycle. In the case of 8 bit and 16 bit machines the games are no longer directly available from the companies involved. That said it is still illegal to own roms and the reason why rom sites are closed down. Future emulators will be able to access original media.

The N64 is the main exeption here. The system is still commerically available and roms do cause a loss of sales. It is for these reasons why Nintendo has a particular hard line attitude to roms.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Not all rom sites are down. For every one that gets shut down another opens it doors. Hence if you are proficent enough when it comes to websearching you should be able to find such sites. Judging from the numerious posts that occur on this board concerning bios files (which in themselves are a rom) there are quite a large amount of people who would disagree that finding the specific rom for a game that you are looking for is an easy task.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think they don't even look for the roms they want they just ask people for sites...because everytime i look for a rom i find it....so i guess im pretty lucky

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
well i dont know if this applies to that site, technically...
but the board rules dont allow posting urls that goes to illegal material.

btw i went there and McAfee caught something. i just clicked delete:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Just think, if you buy Bleem!, you'll get free updates for life! :p
No seriously, there are cracks available, I can't tell you where though. I use a crack since I am fed up of putting the ORIGINAL key CD in, then ejecting the ORIGINAL key CD to put your PSX CD in. Mind you, I think Bleem! will replace worn out ORIGINAL key CDs.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Why do you want to use Bleem! anyway,it sucks,ePSXe is superior to it in every way!.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
well then why are you in here? took a wrong turn? oh poor little Raziel is lost. ePSXe forum is two sections down.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.