Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Unoffical ***** Stalker
8 Posts
Help With Patches Please?!

Ok, with around 2 hours of brute forcing with patches, I finally got Katamari Damacy ingame and We Love Katamari to the start screen.

Below are pictures of Katamari Damacy at the tutorial mission and We Love Katamari at the "Press Start" screen.

My Specs (which are awful, yet I got 7 fps ingame on KD:wub: )

PCSX2
Pentium 4 1.7 ghz
Geforce 4 MX 420
256 MB of RAM

Also Tested on:

Pentium 4 3.2 ghz
Radeon 300x
1 gig of RAM

(Got solid fps of 30 ingame woot!)

P.S. I am very sorry in advance if I am not following forum rules in some way, if I am, please just PM me and delete this thread. I just wanted to make these patches available to the general public so they could enjoy the awesomeness of Katamari Damacy on their PC. I read all the stickies and the forum rules to make sure, but just in case. ;) Also, PSCX2 Staff, ROCK ON! :guitar:

EDIT: Katamari Damacy only works until the end of the tutorial level. :hdbash: Ok, now for my patching question, is there anyway to brute force this or edit the patch to fix this or is it a emulator limitation. After the tutorial, the Return Address becomes 0000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 and I have no idea why. Is there a line of code that sends it to this? If so I may have to find that line which I might need help with because I don't know of a ps2dis find option that would allow this. Do I need to manually search the code? :???:

·
Unoffical ***** Stalker
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
almighty bob said:
that is amazing work. i cant wait to see we <3 katamari running in-game =D
too bad i dont have the original to play with.

thanks ^^
Hey, thanks for the support :heh: ! If I only knew why I was getting stuck at this point, I could make it go farther, btw, the RA issue is the same for both games except at slightly different points.

EDIT: And how come it bleeps out the word "forum" in my custom description?!

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
dcemuser shouldn't be posting 0.9 shots anyways. Edited for that reason.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Yes, it does. (Note that my CPU is a P4 class C aka HT model). This is however very off topic. Closed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.