Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should note that the game is new (was released around two weeks ago), so it probably wasnt tested much with PCSX2 builds

This is a fighting game, and 99% of time winposes in it wont trigger.
I mean two characters fight until lifebar of one of them is drained, then loser falls on ground, winner stands, and game remains like that because winpose isnt triggered; that means that its semi-playable with constant use of Quick Load button to return to select screen.

However, sometimes winposes do trigger in game (i dont know the reason, but sometimes I got winposes working during a win by time out, and during a win when final hit was a shot that juggled opponent in air), however its not constant, i.e. its possible to win with time out and still have the characters frozen after that

Some people said its possible to set the PCSX2 so that win by timeout will always trigger the winpose, but I wasnt able to do so. Thus, any help is welcome.

If someone has additional questions that cant be covered on this forum, he can contact me via PM or via MSN I suppose

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tested with various EE roundmodes and clamps.
So far Normal Clamp seems to work the best, and Extra/Extra+ just add slowdown and make polygons on lower border of arena black
for roundmodes
-On Nearest game always freezes after win / timeout win (no winposes)
-On Positive, game always freezes after win / not always after timeout win; plus Super Gauge colors are different from normal ones
-On Chop/Zero, game always freezes after win / not always after timeout win; + adds slowdown
-On Negative, game always freezes after win / but almost always displays winpose after timeout win

Now I play on Negative-Normal-Yes-Yes; Negative-Normal-Yes-Yes configuration.

I played this way through vs CPU mode and noticed a weird thing: If I quicksave while 1-2 seconds are left to timeout, and it will appear that game will freeze instead of displaying win pose, I quickload and try to damage opponent in different fashion and see will this trigger winpose by timeout or no. I figured out that big gap in life between me and opponent seems to trigger it, since if I simply make a hit or two/change location/use single fireball, winpose wont trigger; but if I manage to hit opponent with damaging combo or super move in those last seconds, game displays winpose of my character afterwards.......Well it may as well mean that last attack done to opponent should take big value off lifebar or something.

Another thing I noticed is that winpose almost never displays if last hit inflicted to opponent was a projectile-like (not a physical attack)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
But, who would have thought that sound plugin can influence that....

I just found of of youtube videos having link to PCSX2 and screenshot of settings (but there was no sound plugin on that screenshot) and yet I saw that it used ZeroSPU by default and had no freeze on winpose, so I tried changing this and that and found out about ZeroSPU

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.