Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm quite new to psx emulation. Please correct me if I'm wrong ... I understand that ePSXe, Adripsx and the others are just successors of PsemuPro. Whatever happened to the original psemu? Why was it stopped? Their site is still around but it's something like "Stroller Killed Psemu" with a picture of cows. What does it mean?

Tks.

S

·
0 Posts
Uncle Clive is right, Strider was the beat tester and he was a close personal friend of the PSEMU PRO team's. He took it upon himself to relase the beta before they were ready. They got disgusted and dropped the whole project. That is the story in "a nutshell" so to speak.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, Asz, I agree that it is stupid. It is always stupid to betray someone who has trusted you. But PSEMU PRO was the forerunner of ePSXe, Adripsx, and FPSE. Without it and the idea of using plugins written by independent authors working w/a central emuator core, we might not have these great emus today. Duddie and Tratax were the ones who pioneered this. So we have them to thank for the idea behind the great PSX emus we have today.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
171 Posts
i think Asz meant that not continuing their emu was stupid!!!

and i share the same opinion!! this wasn't the real reason for PsEmuPro discontinuation, was it???

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Although its a bad analogy, its a bit like the guy who ruins a surprise birthday party by telling the recipient in advance. If you were arranged said party you would be a little annoyed after spending so much time/money/effort. Although the retaliation was extreme to say the least, it was their project so they had every right to stop it. As for other reasons, well who knows what else had happened. But it appears that this was the final nail in the coffin

·
Registered
171 Posts
yes, and now they are dead and buried...:(

does any1 know (of corse some1 knows) what happened to them??? are they still in the scene????

·
Registered
680 Posts
:: maybe they going to Nepal or take themselves away from the outer realm to get alone somewhere... - buried on 300 meters deep nuclear shelter, with food supply for next 4 years - or even frozen themselves and put the sign 'Not Open until 2012 xmas - or even traveling to every continent just to share the codes for creating a better emus... ::

who knows?

... until then ...

S

·
0 Posts
Yes it was the real reason for the discontinuation. No, it wasn't stupid. They were doing something nice for everyone and giving everyone what they wanted, they were betrayed, by a supposed friend no less. How would you feel? If you can't trust your friends, whom can you trust?:(
Duddie is still around, but not very active in the emu scene. I don't know what happened to Tratax. Maybe someone else does.
I had heard that the guys screen name was Strider, maybe it was, indeed, Stroller.:emb: I'm just going on what I heard.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 14 of 14 Posts