Next Generation Emulation banner

PS2 Emulator? Good Or Bad Idea?

• GREAT IDEA!!!! Definately want to see one appear.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Good Idea! Not to worried about it.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I could care less.........

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I just want to shave my monkey and eat my cheesey poofs!!!!

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
In YOUR opinions, do you think there will be an emulator for PS2? In my view I think you would need a monster gaming machine for it. I dunno but what do you guys think? I have a PS2 and just playing Onimishu (or however it's spelled) I think that you would most definately have to have a top of the line computer system in order to use a PS2 emulator.

:dead: BrandonLeeJr :dead:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If there will be a ps2 emulator, it won t be real before 4 or 5 years.
And I don t prefer to think how hard will it be in order to program it, it just gives me headaches :p .

Bye

S

·
0 Posts
PS2 emulator, who knows? It took a long time for the PSX emu scene to get where it is today and the PS2 is a much more powerful machine. Add to that, Sony, ever vigilant, ever watchful for anyone trying to "rip off" their new machine. PS2 emulator? Not for a long long time, IMHO,
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Originally posted by cluthu
I recall a story where Quake was ported to some Japanese handheld of some sort. I don't recall the specifics though.
I do... including the fact that this piece of news was posted on april 1st;) . It was a Quakeatochi!

C

·
0 Posts
If it wasn't for MAMED, we would have MAMED for DC, which seems to be better than MAMEDC in more ways than one.

In conclusion, don't make clueless statements.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I'm not :p - I'm just saying that porting MAME toa Digital Camera which is about $200+ is a waste of time, to me anyways. As for MAME on DC, I could care less 'cause I don't have a DC :p

C

·
0 Posts
So if you're not interested in something, it's a waste of time for everyone?

Cute.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
in any case, a PS2 emulator WILL come....maybe not in a few years, but it WILL come. it's creator may not be the current developers of the different emulators today, but someone will.
Besides, no one foresaw epsxe or VGS in 1995. :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Though it's just a matter of personal opinion, even though porting MAME to a digital camera might not be all that necessary, I think for its technical merits alone it can be appreciated.

It's similar to how people port Linux to weird/old hardware. Though it may not seem immediately useful, adding support for the processors may be helpful in the future, not to mention that people of a technical mindset love a challenge.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow didn't know this would bring so much conversation!

Didn't really know this topic would bring as much conversation to the table as it has. Oh and why would you want to put MAME onto a digital camera? How in gods name would you play it? I mean it's facinating to think of such a feat of technology, but I was just wondering which type of camera? A vid cam or a regular digital cam?

:dead: BrandonLeeJr :dead:

·
Registered
171 Posts
you must always think of the reasons .
why would any one need a ps2 emulator for
the first reason is for not spending much money
or may be some enhancements to the view (graphics)
or bringing back old games for a dead and vanished consoles back to hands .
as for the first reason some one have to pay (a company or person for building developing the emulator) then trying to make money
out of his work .
and i think sony would never allow that.
and the second reason , hmmph i think it (the ps2) doesnt need any graphics enhancements as we know well.
and the 3rd reason, that makes the ps2 emulator a program to be used in the year 2012 on the pentium 8 or 9 .
see, thats the way you should think.
see ya
;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts