Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if one day (in the distant futur) if ePSXe will emulate the PSX hardware so well that there will be no need for things such as game tweaks or as much configuring, because it will work more like a real PSX (simply put the CD in and play)...

I know this is a daft question, but I am curious what u people think, as Mega Drive, SNES, NES emulation is almost if not perfect, even NEO GEO emulation is almost perfect, I know the PSX is far more complex, but will PSX emulation ever reach that elusive PERFECT status?

S

·
0 Posts
If the authors keep working on the emus, if they are encouraged to stay motivated (by kind words from the users), if they don't run into a snag that they simply cannot solve and/or become discouraged in the process, it may reach the levels of the SNES, Genesis, GB/GBC/GBA, etc.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by WUwata
lol i highly dout it(did i spell that right?)but it may actually happen
doubt lol :D it would be good if PSX emulation became as good as SNES/NES etc etc etc, and surely if the emulator is worked on for long enough it will eventually become near perfect, afterall things can only get better right?!!!

Oh and as with kind words, what more can I say than

This is the greatest, most compatible, fastest EMU around, u guys are doing A GREAT job, keep it up!! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't know about most games but, GT2 and 1, I have running far better than the PSX console. Grafics are far better! Sure there may be a slight slow down on the frame rate every now and then but I have no complaints about most of the games that I play.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now that would b sweet!!!

:) :D ;) :p :cool: :eyemove: :eyespin: :rofl: :lol:

·
Registered
113 Posts
OF COURSE IT WOULD! For some reason i think it can be possible i mean come on this is a computer we're talkn bout. So it should have WAY bettter graphics than a normal playstation

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh agreed I mean the PSX is 6 odd years old, and with modern tech under our fingers, hey who knows, if the authors keep on doing what whey have been doing, well :D :lol:

Anyhow the PSX never had the graphics power we have now, but wonder if the hardware will b matched 99% or more, I mean obviously there are gonna b CFG's to do, but hopefully not as many as now!!

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
unless you have something crappy like the first Voodoo or GeForce...still, with GeForce3 (which I have so I can tell from a first hand experience), it's still isn't as good as the PSX.

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I disagree, I mean GFX cards are getting better, the emu is getting better and better, so I think the emu will 'evolve' into near perfect, and will look as good as or better than the original.

:D I hope!!!

·
Premium Member
5,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: looks that way :eyemove:

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
how would you know that he is here all day, im here all day, and i dont see you round here all day..:evil::evil::evil:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.