Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a save from Metal Gear Solid, after the talk with Donald Anderson, (you know at the beginning part where they talk about metal gear and the game frezzes).
I just need a save, where I have to go and battle ocelot in the beginning, nothing further. If anyone has the .mcr file please attach it for me.
thanks!!:D :) ;)

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
I have gotten past both those parts.. The talk with Donald Anderson doesn't crash on me.. But after the battle with Revolver, it crashes when the mdecs play.. I just disabled mdecs and mdec timing in epsxe executor(I use it to play all the time).. Now it don't show the mdecs anymore(just a weird screen with sound), but atleast it doesn't crash anymore.. Try disabling mdec and mdec timing.. As for the Donald Anderson crash, I don't know since I can pass that part without any problems.. Just keep pressing the button to bypass that part..

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
But the story is half the reason to play the game. Playing MGS without Mdecs is like watcing a movie except when the movie is half over the screen goes blank and you can only hear what's going on. Seriously if the choice was between playing on ePSXe with better graphics, but no Mdecs or playing on a real PSX with Mdecs I would play on PSX.

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Well, I have beaten the game like 6 times already, so not having those mdecs is fine with me as long as I can beat the game with high level graphics.. Most of the mdecs aren't that good anyways.. Remember that the realtime talk scenes do play and can be seen, but the full motion video is what is causing the crashes.. And those will not be seen.. But you can still here the sound.. So in retrospect, you do get to hear the whole story... You just won't see the full motion video in the game.. The game's story is told mostly through the realtime scenes anyways so, its no biggie.. Unless this is your first time playing the game, then I would understand why you would want to see everything in the game..

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by fivefeet8
I have gotten past both those parts.. The talk with Donald Anderson doesn't crash on me.. But after the battle with Revolver, it crashes when the mdecs play.. I just disabled mdecs and mdec timing in epsxe executor(I use it to play all the time).. Now it don't show the mdecs anymore(just a weird screen with sound), but atleast it doesn't crash anymore.. Try disabling mdec and mdec timing.. As for the Donald Anderson crash, I don't know since I can pass that part without any problems.. Just keep pressing the button to bypass that part..
Would you mind of attaching the save in this thread, thank you.

the part where you come to Ocelet.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the save that you gave me had an loading error was your metal gear solid a pal version or some other version.
i need an ntsc version of MGS

1 - 11 of 11 Posts