Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, it's like this. I have a European ps2 and live in the states. What I'm trying to do is somehow fix it so that I can play my PAL games on my laptop using my european ps2. All I need is to have my laptop show the picture coming from the ps2. So basicly I want to use my laptop screen as a regular tv screen. Because pal games don't run properly here in the States.

How would I do this?

Is there better ways of being able of playing pal games in the states?
Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why not just use the same system? :hdbash:

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Being that it's a laptop, you can get a USB socket TV card, and set the tv application as incoming video signal being PAL.:) I've done this with imported games on my US PS2 that would otherwise make the screen b/w and flip.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try your local major electronics store (Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.) or you can look on newegg.com.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmm

My playstation is PAL, I am in the States, I need something with which I'll be able to play NTSC and PAL on my PAL playstation, on a NTSC tv or my laptop. If someone could give me something that would do this, I would be forever grateful ! :thumb:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Svea said:
My playstation is PAL, I am in the States, I need something with which I'll be able to play NTSC and PAL on my PAL playstation, on a NTSC tv or my laptop. If someone could give me something that would do this, I would be forever grateful ! :thumb:
Swap Magic or Modchip, also already mentioned RGB cable...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

So all I need is a USB socket thing. That will make me able of plugging the PS2 into my laptop, and then an RGB cable to play the different "regions" of games. That would work?

The laptop should be able to handle both NTSC and PAL format, right?

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Svea said:
So all I need is a USB socket thing. That will make me able of plugging the PS2 into my laptop, and then an RGB cable to play the different "regions" of games. That would work?

The laptop should be able to handle both NTSC and PAL format, right?
You can play different region games without any RGB cables, etc... Just switch to either PAL or NTSC mode in the TV application, and you're set.;)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
whats the price for something like that.

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
Coolsvilleman said:
whats the price for something like that.
I bought one a few years ago (a Hauppauge WinTV USB) for about $40 US brand new. Here's a link to the model I have.: http://hauppauge.com/pages/products/data_usb.html
Svea said:
So for laptop use, all I need is teh USB socket. And for my PAL ps2 to work with a NTSC tv that doesn't run PAL, I need the RGB, right?
Should be able to do both signal types just fine through composite or SVideo if you want. Just make sure to set the signal mode in the tv application.;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.