Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I use a mac at work. It bothers me. They made it really really pretty and fun to use in many areas, but it's missing some basic functionality that windows nailed years ago. Nothing huge, just very little things that all add up.

It's like, Windows is a plain #2 pencil, whereas Mac is a pimp camo-green GI Joe pencil crayon that has your name on it. For some of your work, that GI Joe pencil crayon is kick-ass! But sometimes you just really need that eraser on the #2 pencil.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Well, just so you know, a Mac doesn't really have "conventional" components like those in PCs... so performance varies. :p So maybe a C2D in Mac could be beefier than your average C2D depending on which model it is.
WTF. This makes no sense. There's nothing special or magical about a C2D in a mac compared to the PC. It's the same damn cpu, same intel chipsets, same HD's, same optical devices, same video chipsets. The only difference in a mac is the motherboard. They make it proprietary with their retarded EFI so they can't get away with saying, "nuh-uh! we're not PCs! honest!" and so they can also make money on their ludicrously expensive upgrades.

But I admit there are some common components. :)
Yeah, like, all of them.

I'm kinda under the impression that Intel supply the Xeon lines to Macs because Macs are more well-known for being workstations rather than desktop computers.
What? Mac's target demographic is people using computers for personal reasons. They sell far more imacs and macbooks than anything else. Intel supplies mac and PC with xeons equally.

In other news, Macs may get some good boost in gaming performance soon thanks to this:

ATI Radeon HD 4870 Graphics Upgrade Kit for Mac Pro (Early 2009 or Early 2008) - Apple Store (U.S.)
WOW!!! Sure wish PCs had that! Wait....

Actually, beats me. It's already out. $350 a piece. :) Quite a hefty tag... but I think it's kinda worth it for Mac gaming.
Yes. Let's pay more for the same damn card you can get for significantly less for the PC version.

Note that Mac displays can go up to 2560 x 1600... and that's quite an amount of pixels. ;p
Apple CINEMA displays can go up this high. They're extremely expensive and you can find equivalent LCDs for less money with other, better brands. Most imacs are the usual 1680x1050 or 1920x1200

P.S.: Admittedly... gaming on Macs work smoother than on Windows, too... in case you wonder. There's practically none of that "stutter" and "lag" and crazy errors and all those ****. It's just smooth in my opinions. Kinda like when you're playing on a console.
This is such a load of crap. There's nothing magical about how a mac runs a game and, unless they're buggy as hell, games run just as smooth on my PC.

I'm sorry rap, usually I think you're a pretty smart cat, but that was a load of nonsense you just said.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts