Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, well I promised my bro I'd upgrade his video card for him and Im not sure what I should get just yet, he's looking to pay between 50 to 100 bucks. I found this card and to me it looks pretty good specially for 90 and this is what it is, SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card and for those of you wondering why ati? cause I like them, lol its as simple as that call me a fanboy, but its what im sticking with so please no ideas about nvidia cards.Im basically just searching for some info and if I should purchase this card for the price it is going for and if any of you can think of something better around that price please share.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i get what ever card which works up to my expectations whether its is ati or nvidia

and about that card get it quick !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well thats understandable, but getting a nividia would be uncharted waters for me I just have never owned one and wouldnt really consider it providing the fact that none of my ati cards have ever had any problem whatsoever.But anyways Im taking it that price for that card is very good so right now its at the top of my list, unless someone can find better,again ppl please share your thoughts about this and possiblly other cards.Thanks devinwolf for your input.

·
Read Only
9,687 Posts
I recently bought a sapphire HD4830 512MB card from amazon for a friend.
It's working okay, although he only plays one game on it and that's Flight Simulator X.
I know the game is bloated and badly coded and not a good benchmark.
But I recommend this card or try to find a HD4850 if you can.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
well thats understandable, but getting a nividia would be uncharted waters for me I just have never owned one and wouldnt really consider it providing the fact that none of my ati cards have ever had any problem whatsoever.But anyways Im taking it that price for that card is very good so right now its at the top of my list, unless someone can find better,again ppl please share your thoughts about this and possiblly other cards.Thanks devinwolf for your input.
Nvidia is fine and they have amazing drivers... but price per performance has always been ATI's strongsuit.

ATI- Cheap, powerful; bad drivers
Nvidia- Expensive, holds the reigns on power right now, good drivers.

·
Your resident reaper...
6,031 Posts
For a fanboy, you don't seem to know much about their products :p

If it's really the only ATi card you can find in that price range, I guess it's your only choice if you don't want to go Nvidia.

I'd just spend the extra for the 4850 like Silenus said. It's a good jump in performance for a few more dollars.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
For a fanboy, you don't seem to know much about their products :p

If it's really the only ATi card you can find in that price range, I guess it's your only choice if you don't want to go Nvidia.

I'd just spend the extra for the 4850 like Silenus said. It's a good jump in performance for a few more dollars.
...That wasn't my point? oO
Skore, that's what I meant. The HD4850 has been the best card for the price for about a year now. It isn't rocket science; it's just commerce.

·
Registered
563 Posts
4830 is nice, i have one, but 4830 came out in like november, 4750 is about to come out and will be the same but more efficient in power

about fanboys, well.......they are fanboys

ati drivers are not bad, actually i like to update every month, instead of every 2 days like nvidia

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
mauro, the majority of the developers here disagree with you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.