Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latency is utter crap since I'm on satellite so multi-player is out of the question until I move or real broadband extends out our way, it's one of the reasons I haven't played TF2 yet..

Anyway can anyone suggest any mods or anything to get the most out of the single player campaign in the mean time?

I'm downloading it via Steam right now, should be a while before the download finishes..

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
But l4d is all about the multiplayer man. Maybe you should have gotten Resident Evil 5 instead?

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Enjoy the game and definitely don't play below your skill level in single player, that game has the best atmosphere I've seen in a while. Remember you can only play the levels a first time once ;)

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
L4D on single player sucks balls.

That's what I thought anyway. Ditched the game after completing chapter 1 and never considered reviving it.

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
Left 4 Dead for me had some of the most enjoyable single player elements that I had enjoyed since Gears 2. Playing on the hardest difficulty with CPU players is one of the most challenging gaming moments I have had since battletoads or Ghosts and Goblins. The game just drips of atmosphere and good, simple and effective design.

As for mods Xtreme, there are some sweet Resident Evil, Dead Rising and Shaun of the Dead maps available or in development which should keep you interested longer. There are also some fresh downloads available from valve themselves which should be pretty sweet.

·
Meow Meow Meow
1,401 Posts
The singleplayer is probably just there for you to take time enjoying the smaller things they snuck in (like all the scribbles on the wall). Other than that, there's no point in playing L4D alone. The drama comes from playing as a team; the moments like getting a single person to rescue 3 downed teammates, sacrificing yourself to distract a tank from getting to a rescue point, trying to persuade Zoey to heal you instead of Bill. That sort of stuff. XD

·
Demon
1,204 Posts
I've read somewhere there's a pretty big mod coming to L4D for Halloween (I have no idea when that is since we don't celebrate it here). It includes new single player campaigns and a bunch of other stuff.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
But l4d is all about the multiplayer man. Maybe you should have gotten Resident Evil 5 instead?
Probably because Left 4 Dead was on a 3 day sale for $15? :evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.