Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad recently got one of those new fangled fancy media center computers with the TV tuner and the cable port in the back. He asked me sort of a random question last night if there was a way to play console games on your computer. I mentioned emulation but the games he wanted to play haven't been emulated yet. anyways, i got to thinking and i thought about that cable port in the back of his new computer. you know how you can get those adapters for the next gen systems that replace the need for the red, white, and yellow plugs, and instead work like the NES and SNES adapters? well i thought maybe if i put that adapter on the port and hooked the port up to the cable line, i could use the media center software to actually play a console as if i was just going to watch TV on the computer.

if someone already thought of this i'm sorry, but i figured it would be kind of a cool way to bypass the need for emulation, seeing though as previously mentioned the PS2 itself is indeed the best PS2 emulator...

·
Registered
8 Posts
You dont need an emulator to play with your console in the PC, all you need is a Video-IN card, the ones that lets you see TV in your PC. Although you NEED the console for that. If dont have one...then...keep waiting for emulation.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Hehe this in no way replaces emulation ;)
You just use your PC's monitor instead of the TV...with emulation you get to change resolutions,improve graphics/sound and other features like savestates.Also (and most important :p) you need a PS2 console for this ;)
Emulation can help people whose console has died,play once more their games
Moving this to Misc PS2 discussion since it has nothing to do with PCSX2 ;)

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Yellow + Red&White = Composite. Most TV tuners will have a composite port of some descript. You then connect the red and white to yuor audio equipment.
Mini-Din + Red&White = S-Video (usualy). Most TV tuners will also have this connector on it. Provides better quality.
Green + Red + Blue + Red&White = Component. Best quality, but most TV tuners will not support it.
If you have a seperate cable box connected to your PC, then you should be able to swap that out for the composite cable straight, if not there will be another input or two on the card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts