Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure this question has probably been asked before, but for some reason the search feature of the page doesnt seem to like me so, here goes...

Has anyone written a program to make ripping sprites from 2D games any easier than the old capture, then edit out the background method? Something that can read sprites the way all these movie and audio readers do?

Or is there a PS emulator which lets you enable/disable the different layers in the game (like in NeoRage and zSNES)?

Would a sprite ripping program even be possible? I dont know squat about programming, so I havent got a clue as to if/how it would be done.

Any answers would be welcome
Thanks
Aeryk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm

Thanks for the info...I wasnt sure if anything like that even existed...

Im only interested in 2D games (fighters like Street Fighter, games like Megaman, etc) so a ripper for FF wouldnt do me much good.

If anyone knows of any tools for ripping sprites for any of the Megaman games, or any of the 2D fighting games, let me know.

Thanks again
Aeryk

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
i'm not too sure about this, but you can try PSMPlay.

when i was ripping the movie out of GT2, i got a bunch of textures too (hub cabs, tons of them :p ). well they're not sprites, but just MAYBE sprites can be ripped as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried it...

I tried PSMplay...I scanned through Megaman 8, Megaman X4, and Megaman X5...the only files I was able to get were movies and audio tracks from the disc...couldnt find a single thing even resembling a sprite with PSMplay.

I think the sprites are saved in .bin and .arc files (the formats for each of the 3 games listed above are a little different) .arc is a file type supported by WinZip, but aparently the .arc files on the Megaman CD are a different variety than the standard used by WinZip, so I dont know how I might be able to scan them.

Thanks
Aeryk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts