Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a small problem in my computer, now I can't seem to see a thumbnail on the left, when clicking on a .gif file. Does anyone have a solution for this problem, I can't solve it:( . Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I don't get it:confused:
Everything seem ok..........
Is that your gif files that you choose was a image circle with question at middle of it???

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No no! I mean I can't see a preview of the pic on the left side. That's why I circled it, with question marks.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Does it happen with all files that'd normally get a thumbnail, all image files, all .gif files, or just the image that you have selected? The reason I ask is because of the fact that I once had a similar problem. It turned out that a .jpg file of mine used some sort of non-standard compression and, as a result, wouldn't display properly in Explorer. Did you try opening the file in an image editing program and resaving it?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The .jpg files show up, and other picture files too. And yes my animated .gif files used to show up before, on the preview, but they don't now. Any reasons why???????????

·
Registered
513 Posts
I don't know if it'd work, but you might want to visit your File Properties (you know, the dialog where you assign what program opens a file based on its extention?) According to mine (which displays files correctly), they should be set to:

Application to perform action:
"F:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome

Use DDE is checked
DDE Message: "file:%1",,-1,,,,,
Application: IExplore
Topic: WWW_OpenURL

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You know I did that and it opens up the .gif file but it does not show the preview on the left side. It's just that small problem happens and it could really piss a person off:mad: . But thanks anyway cluthu.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I did a bit of searching on Deja and saw this listed as a possible solution. :shrug:

Go to Add/Remove programs.
Choose Internet Explorer 5
It will ask you if you want repair.
Choose repair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts