Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i'm new here...well here's the story...

i started playing Pokemon Fire Red on VBA and eventually got to Elite Four and Defeat Gary then after that the credit rolls,nothing happens i can't seem to get to play the new Game+ so i googled and yeah i'm pretty much screwed,i didn't pay attention to that save error thingy so i just kept playing till the end using save states...but anyway i'm planing to start a new game so i just want to know the needed things to get pass the Elite Four and Gary(your Rival) and eventually play the New Game+ without screwing it up again:)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
All you need is a propper battery/ingame save from just before you face the Elite 4 as that's basically the last opportunity you get to make a battery save before the normal end and it's where the game wants to return you to after you beat the Elite 4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so this is what i do,i delete all the save file i've got .sav and .sgm or something like that and i copy the vba-over.ini,and then i changed the save type to 128k,and now i can finally save in-game...so as long as i can save in-game i'm good to go?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
38,506 Posts
Yes, providing you remember to make a battery save BEFORE you start against the Elite 4 as that's the very last time you can save.
By the way I am not sure how many people realize this but you are not limited to 10 savestates, you can also create your own ones with custom names, so for instance you could make one of those after every Gym and once at the Pokecenter before you face the elite 4, just so you have extra backups to fall back on incase you screw up again AND make use of all 10 normal savestates whilst fighting the Elite 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.