Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I've recently downloaded pcsx2 0.9.4 and burned an iso from my original Juiced dvd.

Here's my pc specs:

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260
2x1G DDR3 1066mhz RAM

I've enabled all the multiple core options in the cpu configuration an i've tried both gsdx9 and zerogs video plugins with minimal settings (and using direct3D in case anyone thought that was the problem). Sound is turned off in case that was the culprit. Using Europe 1.6 BIOS, LinuzAppz dvd plugin and the rest of the plugins are default.

After searching through the forums it seems most people's fps problems are from using older pc's (cpu and vid cards mainly underpowered). This shouldn't be the case with my system however.

Can anyone think what i'm doing wrong? Juiced in currently unplayable at < 5 FPS. It loads up fine and plays the movie's at 50-60 fps.

Thanks if anyone can help me.

·
it'se miku!
3,609 Posts
thats game dependent, the emu isn't optimized to run all games at same speed.

and it seems you're using an old version of pcsx2 and plugins too.
upgrading the emu and plugins can improve the fps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i'm using 0.9.5 now and the latest version of the graphics and sound plugins.

the fps has been slightly improved. it's gone from 2-3fps to 15-18 fps but is still unplayable unfortunately. i guess the extra tweaks in 0.9.5 are doing something though.

has anyone else gotten juiced to work with 0.9.5?

·
Registered
358 Posts
I recommend you upgrade your XP to SP3.It's 5-10% faster than SP2
Also try latest GSDX

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
Why not run the PC version? It looks lightyears better than the PS2 version does, and it'll run at full speed. :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts