Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Maybe we need to stop suing people and give them benefit of the doubt? unless we can prove malicious intent in intervening in an accident, we shouldn't be suing.
except big bussines my friend. The corruption in the financial sectors and the cigarette industry is not some island of corruption. We just got to see inside how rotten and corrupt things are when it all fell apart.

The pharma companies, chemical companies (plastics & synthetic chemicals)(Duponte for example), and the American Cattle industry are just as corrupt, and sweep things under the rug that will effect their bottom line. They are almost entirely self serving. And if a legitimate thing of their own doing threatened to really hurt their credibility they would lie & fight with horribly low dirty tactics and do whatever it'd take to ensure their continuation and profitability.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
except big bussines my friend. The corruption in the financial sectors and the cigarette industry is not some island of corruption. We just got to see inside how rotten and corrupt things are when it all fell apart.

The pharma companies, chemical companies (plastics & synthetic chemicals)(Duponte for example), and the American Cattle industry are just as corrupt ans sweep things that will effect their bottle line under the rug. They are almost entirely self serving. And if a legitamite thing of their own doing threatened to really hurt their credibility they would lie & fight with horribly low dirty tactics and do whatever it'd take to ensure their continuation and profitability.
I was talking about the topic at hand, good Samaritans, not eliminating lawsuits entirely...

"Maybe we need to stop suing people and give them benefit of the doubt? unless we can prove malicious intent in intervening in an accident, we shouldn't be suing."

·
Registered
415 Posts
I hear ya. All i know is that if i were made paraplegic by a crappy rescue effort when someone could have just called 911, I'd be suing too. Talk about taking an axe to your earning potential...
People like you is what is wrong with the world. Someone tries to save your life, and you sue them for everything they have.

Eventually if more people start suing people just for the hell of it to take innocent people for money, no one is going to be there to save you. If you crash your car, and it catches fire and you are stuck inside with a pedestrian standing near by able to save you and you're screaming help...they'll just reply "No, that's alright...I don't want you to sue me. I'll call 911 though, and by the time they get here, you'll be dead. But that's ok, at least my life won't be ruined.." Of course, in this case, the innocent bystander would probably get sued by the person's family for not helping. I swear, people need to stop bringing down the few good people we have left in this world.

If you're stuck in a car, I'm pulling you out.

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is exactly why you don't try to move somebody with a back or neck injury. The accident may have caused a minor spinal injury, but careless handling would make it much worse. This is just basic first-aid.

Cars don't explode from a simple front-end collision, not in the real world anyway. Torti was clearly acting in a panic and careless way. Having good intentions isn't enough to qualify as a Good Samaritan, you also need good judgment.

If you're stuck in a car, I'm pulling you out.
If you don't know the type, and extent, of my injuries, then you better not! Seriously, take the thirty seconds to call 911 (or whatever your emergency number is) and not only report the accident but also get instructions from people who know what to do.

·
The Ultimate Life Form
207 Posts
This is exactly why you don't try to move somebody with a back or neck injury. The accident may have caused a minor spinal injury, but careless handling would make it much worse. This is just basic first-aid.

Cars don't explode from a simple front-end collision, not in the real world anyway. Torti was clearly acting in a panic and careless way. Having good intentions isn't enough to qualify as a Good Samaritan, you also need good judgment.

If you don't know the type, and extent, of my injuries, then you better not! Seriously, take the thirty seconds to call 911 (or whatever your emergency number is) and not only report the accident but also get instructions from people who know what to do.
I think that would take too long. Anyway what is this world coming to? You get punished for helping someone.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts

any type of collision can disrupt the fuel lines, checking around and under the vehicle before doing anything should be a priority.

DR ABC.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Squall is right on this, also just when i thought nothing could surprise me more coming from the USA i heard this.... That person suing sure is an ingrate hope he desserves to crash in another pole and guy to be standing by to whatch as the fire spreads to his car when boom he explodes and dies the END :evil:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.