Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
And what if the rescuer were more scared of being sued, didn't do anything, and the crash victim died?

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Like i said, it's a gray area. Maybe we need guidelines on good rescue practices :lol:
Maybe we need to stop suing people and give them benefit of the doubt? unless we can prove malicious intent in intervening in an accident, we shouldn't be suing.

Do you really think people have much time to think in a crisis situation? If you make them evaluate a situation too much they may spend so much time planning what to do that the victim(s) dies.

In fact they used to make commercials mocking that very thing, talking about doing rather than planning, I think it was for a financial organization.

:evil:

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
except big bussines my friend. The corruption in the financial sectors and the cigarette industry is not some island of corruption. We just got to see inside how rotten and corrupt things are when it all fell apart.

The pharma companies, chemical companies (plastics & synthetic chemicals)(Duponte for example), and the American Cattle industry are just as corrupt ans sweep things that will effect their bottle line under the rug. They are almost entirely self serving. And if a legitamite thing of their own doing threatened to really hurt their credibility they would lie & fight with horribly low dirty tactics and do whatever it'd take to ensure their continuation and profitability.
I was talking about the topic at hand, good Samaritans, not eliminating lawsuits entirely...

"Maybe we need to stop suing people and give them benefit of the doubt? unless we can prove malicious intent in intervening in an accident, we shouldn't be suing."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts