Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,547 Posts
And California takes one more step closer toward insanity. (poor California :()

There are some states that have good Samaritan laws (like mine) that protect them from such things...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,547 Posts
A congressman won't be able to actually do anything as this is a state affair. At best, all he could do is say a few things to the California Court, voicing people's displeasure by allowing this to take place. :/

G

·
It's seems like a pretty gray area to me. Granted the rescuer felt like the rescuee was in imminent danger, what if the car was at no risk of exploding? Sure, the intention is good, but if the execution is poor and someone is damaged more by the rescue effort than the original danger...

·
Registered
10,688 Posts
And what if the rescuer were more scared of being sued, didn't do anything, and the crash victim died?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,547 Posts
Burn the judges house down :)
:lol:
While it's burning, rush in and drag him out. Maybe he'll overturn his own ruling and decide suing good Samaritans is a bad idea afterall. ;)

·
Registered
10,688 Posts
Like i said, it's a gray area. Maybe we need guidelines on good rescue practices :lol:
Maybe we need to stop suing people and give them benefit of the doubt? unless we can prove malicious intent in intervening in an accident, we shouldn't be suing.

Do you really think people have much time to think in a crisis situation? If you make them evaluate a situation too much they may spend so much time planning what to do that the victim(s) dies.

In fact they used to make commercials mocking that very thing, talking about doing rather than planning, I think it was for a financial organization.

:evil:

G

·
I hear ya. All i know is that if i were made paraplegic by a crappy rescue effort when someone could have just called 911, I'd be suing too. Talk about taking an axe to your earning potential...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
This is insane. Here's what's really going on:

- Van Horn crashes.
- Torti tries to help.
- Van Horn notices that she is paralyzed and wants to make quick money.
- Torti is sued.

Honestly. She would have to be pulled out of that wreck pretty damn violently if Torti was the cause of paralysis. The fact that there seems to be no mention of the possibility of the collision (the 45 mile per hour collision) causing the paralysis is raising an eyebrow for me.

To me, this seems like a similar case to the McDonald's coffee scalding. Someone abusing the justice system to get some easy money from someone who had no fault in the matter.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Next up in the news: Neighbors don't phone police as Judge Carlos Moren's house is robbed

1 - 20 of 27 Posts