Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I know that this game was one of the most requested, and I've seen some posts from 2011 saying that emulation was not possible back then. So, my question is - was there any progress made since? Have you guys found the issue, and if you did - could it be fixed? I know that this problem is not a simple one, I just thought it would be nice to have an update on this.
Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hello!
I know that this game was one of the most requested, and I've seen some posts from 2011 saying that emulation was not possible back then. So, my question is - was there any progress made since? Have you guys found the issue, and if you did - could it be fixed? I know that this problem is not a simple one, I just thought it would be nice to have an update on this.
Thanks in advance :)
Cxbx is dead, unfortunately I do not see updates emulator nor I have a blog, a shame because I thought this emulator would develop faster than PCSX2 and Dolphin. Nowadays there are emulators like PPSSPP and Drastic Android or even Reicast emerging and not yet evolved Cxbx. I do not believe that it had been playable anytime soon, or that it will be the first fully playable XBox emulator 1.

PS: If the author is reading this would like to show that the project alive or updated the same on my blog because I still hope to see the same news.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mostly around improving the pattern matching support for statically linked libraries. These some cases change for each version of the shipped XDK libraries. Whilst other Cxbx coders may have already written a decent reimplementation the particular function is not being pattern matched properly for a certain title.

It is fiddly work across IDA, a few basic python scripts and Cxbx source code.

Importantly, I want to ensure the patterns thus set are uniquely identified with the lowest common denominator across XDK versions. That means low false negatives and low false positives. Investing this time will ensure more titles built on previously unchecked XDK's improve.

Having the instruction pointer die within a clearly statically linked library, but not knowing the particular function for an obtuse XDK version is one of the bigger pains.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts