Next Generation Emulation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hm... Hey guys, I'm having some difficulty with the emulator but I'll be brief, mkays?
Thing is, I downloaded the Persona 3 iso and the Jpcsp emulator. When I try to run it thou I get this:
9158 [root] ERROR hle - Unmapped import @ 0x08800108 - 06020010 09fffe00 00000000.
I know these emulators are very primitive so I'm not expecting it to do any miracles but does anyone have any idea of what this error means?
Thanks. X_x

[EDIT]

OH WAIT! I got it...
Anyways if anyone is having the same problem, this error occurs due to the game being encrypted and can only be 'read', as in, decrypted by the PSP. Older games weren't encrypted so they are playable on the emu.
Otherwise, bruteforcing an encrypted game on the PC or even finding it that way is nearly impossible.

Sorry about this. You can lock the thread >_>; I hope it was at least useful.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dude, no one will be able to help you out since you admitted to downloading the ISO. Also, there is a Misc handheld emulation section:

Misc Handheld Discussion - Emuforums.com
I actually own the game so it's fine lol.
And well, whatever. I didn't know that and since other people asked stuff here I figured I would too. o.o
Sorry about that.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Its still illegal to download someone elses copy the image must be made from your disk (this also is useful due to the fact that pirated images tend to also have errors, around 30% of emulation problems reported on this forum are because of a bad dump).

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yes the only legal way to obtain a rom is to dump one from your own game and that's the only way allowed on this forum. Downloading a game is illegal no matter whether you own the game or not and it's against the [rules]Emuforums Rules[/rules] which is why your thread has been locked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.