Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great job!

"We made it! . When that project started i never believed that this emulator will be ever a playable emu. But after one year of hard work , and the most talent team out there (gid15,fiveofhearts) we can now say that emu is quite stable and can run a few games in decent speed. So happy birthday jpcsp and enjoy the new release.
As a bonus you can visit www.pcsp-emu.com for checking another project of our team. Enjoy "

Link : JPCSP : Java PSP Emulator

·
The one and only
4,074 Posts
i never understood how psp emulation is working, because i hear about something with encrypted games and what not and them never being able to work on an emulator

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
I haven´t checked the source myself but i guess they are emulating the hardware and so they get emulation done... about games there are some encrypted but they are just files and "EVERYTHING" is crackeable... its just a matter of time and dedication..

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
11,526 Posts
absolutely sensational. I've been quite fond of this emulator since its inception, mainly from their ambitious targets and to see them flourish and make leaps and bounds so quickly is nothing short of astonishing and quite the achievement. Well done lads.

·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
in my case what i found really sensational is that the emulator is coded in Java and i know many would say "Why the hell code a emulator in Java" it´s not the language they use but they´ve the necessary guts to do it and not limitate themself by thinking it can´t be done... just awesome!!!!! our comunity need more of such people :p

·
Emu author
271 Posts
Awesome!

This emulator is particularly handy for debugging while developing applications/games (for PSP) from a developers perspective. Sometimes PSPLink has conflicts that don't arise when actually running the app/game, so having an alternate method of testing that doesn't require constant file transferring between PC and PSP is great.

Keep it up!

·
Registered
13 Posts
@ruantec : Actually, we're not decrypting anything the hardware would do using a dedicated chip and no one has ever figured how the decryption works. So, if the main executable file is encrypted, there's nothing we can do (apart from using a hacked image disc with decrypted executable done on the console).
If a module (dynamic library) is encrypted, it's not a big problem since we're using HLE and intercepting function calls directly to use our Java replacement.

·
AKA snkmad
4,063 Posts
I haven´t checked the source myself but i guess they are emulating the hardware and so they get emulation done... about games there are some encrypted but they are just files and "EVERYTHING" is crackeable... its just a matter of time and dedication..
They use HLE, since some parts of PSP are unknown and theres also the encryption, which i really doubt will be cracked.

For encrypted games, well you can use a modded psp to decrypt them and test those on jpcsp.

·
Registered
252 Posts
What will the requirements of PCSP be?
I saw you tried 2 compilers, and the version compiled with mingw32 goes much faster than the other. Are you planning to release both versions, or just the faster one?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.