Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this screen and I was wondering what is the best visual mode to set my screen at.

RGB

or

YCbCr

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill take your word for it but can you tell me why so i can learn something please. i tried to search google but i cant find anything that explains it correctly. thanks samor! :)

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
well, I think it's got something to do with proper color separation.

I'm not perfect on the technical details... but I can tell this...
Dunno if your PS2 is as annoying as mine (PAL), but mine gives a green screen in DVD movies with RGB (through SCART), some sort of lame Sony copy protection. Dunno why they did it, but basically it means that if I want the best picture quality I have to buy a separate DVD player.
I could use Svideo instead, which is almost as good as SCART (=RGB), but almost isn't just as good =P ...maybe the Svideo signal is YCbCr, either way it doesn't give a green screen on DVD movies... but I have the PS2 for games and want them to look as good as possible, and not trade that in.... so I'll just be getting a decent DVD player sometime in the future.

Anyway, maybe someone else is better on the technical side - I'm probably mixing a few things up.

Also, you live in the US, right? and with that joytech screen, maybe it doesn't even make a difference. Do you see a difference when you switch?

here's some technical blah about it... http://tig.colorist.org/wiki2/index.php/Bit_Discussion

·
Familiar Face
4,971 Posts
No contribution to this post, but I've gotta know SkyeHack, where did you get this, and for how much?? I've got the slim model, and this would be AWESOME to have.:D

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Halo 2 Collector's edition Movie DVD playing possibly?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.