Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I want to get back into Emulators but I absolutley hate playing on a keyboard.

Really I want to be playing SNES, NES, PSX and N64 games, what's the best option for me? Cheers!

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Or alternatively a Logitech Rumblepad 2 with Xpadder.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Sure it works but not quite as well for the DS because some games also havily use the stylus for control making it hard to effectively control such a game.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Any PS1 - PS2 like controller should work, since they have a d-pad and the usual buttons.
#EDIT: Yes, for DS a controller won't help for the Stylus part. XD

I do remember from the ePSXe board some input problems with those that used converters/adapters. Might be just a few that gives problems or something.

Anyhow, long ago I bought an El-Cheapo USB Dual-Shock controller for $10 that works perfectly (except rumble outside of WindowsXP) for PSX for example, since it has "full range" for the analogs.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
It's easier when playing DS games to use a Keyboard + Mouse combination than a Controller + Mouse combination.
In fact Keyboard + Mouse can even prove preferable to using an actual DS with stylus in some games, at least that's been my experience.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cheap: Air Hogs Flight Simulator controller (A PS1 controller without rumble. Nice and light. $10 with "simulator".)
My choice: Logitech Dual Action USB (a PS2 controller without vibration motors, essentially. $30 if you find it at the right place.)
Best: PS3 controller with the right adapter (USB on one end, USB type A on the other. $??)

Also, could you please include what console? A PS1 controller would be useless for a N64 game.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
My choice: Logitech Dual Action USB (a PS2 controller without vibration motors, essentially. $30 if you find it at the right place.)
SHODDY POS.
Low build quality, Axis's are reset using rubber bands rather then a centering mechanism, Typically has issues in games and emulators after a period of time as the axis's wear down.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yeah the Dual Action has a bad rep, the Rumblepad 2 is far better build quality and not that much more expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.