Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So silly me, I bought a logitech dual action pad the other week to play games on my computer (emu, nfsu2, etc) and it isn't all that bad. Anybody else use the logitech joypads for PC? I can't get my D-pad to work with WinKawaks (mame emulation I believe) but I got the analog stick to work. It's pretty hard for me to use Analog stick when playing fighting games like Street Fighter Alpha 3 and stuff. Anybody konw how I can get the D-pad working?

Also, who uses the PS/PS2 to USB controller adapters and plug their PS/PS2 controllers in? AHhhh I should've gotten that instead!! I got a PlayStation dualshock controller lying around somewhere.

·
No preservatives™
965 Posts
I have an old Wingman dual-analog controller, and with that model the D-pad acts as a hat switch in the default mode. It's possible that Kawaks doesn't recognize hat switches (I haven't checked myself). If your pad has a mode button as mine does, you can swap the analog stick and D-pad functions. The stick will become the hat switch the the D-pad will act as the X/Y axes.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
It's been a while since I had that controller (it kinda got permently "borrowed" by my younger brother), however IIRC the mode switch allows you to swap the left analog stick with the d pad. That should workaround the problem.

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
Tony said:
So silly me, I bought a logitech dual action pad the other week to play games on my computer (emu, nfsu2, etc) and it isn't all that bad. Anybody else use the logitech joypads for PC? I can't get my D-pad to work with WinKawaks (mame emulation I believe) but I got the analog stick to work. It's pretty hard for me to use Analog stick when playing fighting games like Street Fighter Alpha 3 and stuff. Anybody konw how I can get the D-pad working?

Also, who uses the PS/PS2 to USB controller adapters and plug their PS/PS2 controllers in? AHhhh I should've gotten that instead!! I got a PlayStation dualshock controller lying around somewhere.
One ps/ps2 to usb adapter user here... just yesterday got to 5th stage in NFSU2 :) (again) :D works greate, it's just simply the best :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel like it'd be a waste if I just get the PS/PS2 to USB adapter for my PC and abandon the Logitech joypad. :( :( :(

·
Premium Member
6,341 Posts
The D-pad on the Wingman Rumblepad sucks I think, although I like the controller as a whole a lot :D. For fighting games you might be better off with a different controller.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts