Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This just out of curiosity btw. While I duel the jedi and sith enemies in the jedi knight games, I find that when I defeat them, sometimes the enemy would plunge the lightsaber into themselves during the death sequence animation. Not all the time but sometimes.

I am wondering if it is intentional programming?? or is it a bug??

Do jedi really commit seppuku in the novels?? Just out of curiosity because it kinda struck me as a "hey that wasn't in the jedi manual or was it....?".

Again, I haven't read the novels so I don't know if characters are potrayed in drastically different ways.

·
Crasher of Castles
7,016 Posts
i've played every jedi knight game extensively (JK1 for 5 Years, JK2 from the gay it came out to the day JK3 came out, and JK3 since it came out to the present) and i've never once seen that in any game. Is this in single player or multiplayer? because i never played JK1 single player, but i've played every one of them multiplayer.

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Yea, coming from a avid DF/JK fan, it's a animation glitch when they went to grab thier stomach in pain.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Player-X said:
no actuaily they were garbbing thier gut in pain forggeting that thier light sabers were still turned on
Or they thought they had an alien inside... oops wrong movie :heh:

·
Banned
356 Posts
yeah its a death animation that was somewhat flawed I think it is because the light saber is seperate to the player model so the animator may not have taken that into account.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Can u post some screens?

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Sampah said:
LOL commit "seppuku" but that would be cool, just like japanese samurai warrior
I thought that action was called "harakiri"...

·
Moo.
455 Posts
There's something about seppuku that's so stupid it's outrageous, and somehow it's become one of the most respectable Japanese acts ever (and for whatever reason, has become "cool"). Also, considering that the lightsabers are generally much longer than an arm's length, it'd pretty much be impossible to "seppuku" oneself

·
Banned
9,111 Posts
you could do it in more of a slashing yourself rather than stabbing, or you could turn it off point it at yourself and turn it on

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
Reminds me of that Rabbit Suicide page :evil:

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Talbain said:
. . . considering that the lightsabers are generally much longer than an arm's length, it'd pretty much be impossible to "seppuku" oneself
Sorry I can't resist:
"Use the force, Luke."

·
Banned
356 Posts
given the lightsaber is a pure laser light thingy and it appears to be very sharp with objects you wouldn't need to plunge it in you could easily cut your self in half with it without much effort...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts