Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yu-Gi-Oh! Tag Force 5

I got this game working and upto a very good standard, any issues I have heard talk of haven't happened to me yet such as crashing after story duels. Bear in mind I have only played it for about 2 hours so something may come up as I progress. I'm pleased with the results though.

Alright so to the technical part of it.

My spec:

Windows 7
HD 6850 Toxic
Asus M5A97 LE R2.0
FX-4170
Patriot 3x2g Ram

The things you need, yellow words are also links:

Jcpsp Revision 3156 for windows 64bit:

I was advised to use the 32 bit version of this and JRE(of which I will speak of below) for maximum compatibility but I didn't.
Cheers to Orphis for making and maintaining this database.

Your gonna need four different things after that:

JRE: Java Runtime Enviroment, it simply will not work without this.

SonicStage: This is a Sony App and the codec that it uses is necessary to play sound and cutscenes. This was tricky as Sony has discontinued the download so I had to search for it, thankfully someone was kind enough to host it and provide a link, credit goes to LeaT for that.

Atrac3: This and a codec from the next download are both needed for this program, Atrac3. Credit goes to EmuNewz for this link. You'll find instructions with what to do with it below.

Sound Forge 9 Build 441: This is from Sony and you'll need to download it from their site. You'll have to install it then proceed to it's directory "Sony Setup", in there you will find a .rar file named atracplu.cab. You make a copy of that file somewhere else so as you have the ability to extract it, when it's extracted take the file named atracplug.dll from it and put it in JCPSP/LIB/WINDOWS-????. Copy Atrac file you downloaded above and put it in there aswell.

The ???? part will be different depending on whether you used 32 or 64 bit.

After you have all that done go into your JCPSP and head into "Options > Configuration > Media" and tick the box "Use Sonic Stage for audio decoding". If your a total noob like myself you'll also need to know that your games should be placed in the "UMD" folder in the JCPSP directory.

Settings for the game:
-Video:
+ Use Vertex Cache
+ Enable saving GE screen to texture ...
+ Disable optimized VertexInfo Reading
- Memory:
+ Inogre invaid memory access
- Media:
+ use media engine
+ Decode Audio
-Compile:
+ Use Compile
+ 3000 max method

I think I covered everything, goodluck with it :thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Atrac3: This is from Sony aswell and I'm led to believe it decodes both stereo and mono while sonic stage on it's own only decodes stereo. This and a codec from the next download are both needed for this program, Atrac3. Credit goes to EmuNewz for this link. You'll find instructions with what to do with it below.
That file is not from sony (else emunewz would not be distributing it)

it requires the dll provided by soundforge.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
What about the earlier tag force games? no luck?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From what I've heard they don't work. I'm only going by one thread on that though... with the newest update who knows for sure, if you have the games there's no harm in trying but I don't have them. Tag force 6 works and 5 works for me almost perfectly, 2 crashes in over 15 story duels. You'd have to get a translation if you want to play 6 as it was only released in Japan, it's out there tho.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Just seems odd to me that the latest game would work and the earlier ones not. If anything I'd expect it to be the other way around.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The devs might be putting alot of their effort into the more recent games, it might be a sign of the progress they are making. Being used to the No$Gba and it's complete lack of updates nowadays I was really impressed with how many updates there have been for the Jcpsp, fair play to those guys for putting in the work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts