Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I play a Java SNES Emulator on http://freewebarcade.com and it freezes when I'm in the middle of playing a game.

The emulator allows a person to play a rom from my computer or a location on the internet. The only time it freezes is when I play one from a url location. Is this because it didn't download the whole game or something?

·
ゲート オーペン!
911 Posts
-_-" welcome to emuforums. we got a little problem YOU CANNOT ASK FOR ANYTHING ILLEGAL IN THIS FORUM READ THE RULES!!!!!, I dont want to be annoying or anything but is just the way it is, and that emu since like a cool idea, but dont ask about how to use it with illegal roms. thank u for your comprehension.

edit: oh sorry I didn't check the site b4 talking -_-" shame on me lol, well I'm not quite sure if it is illegal, but yes I got the same problem when trying them, it might be a problem with the java code or just the site I'm going to try downloading the java and play it from the pc but I dont think it will work let me try to find out what I can do :thumb:

-Shadow

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Why do you guys get so excited about people using ROMs from the net?
You have Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, XBOX, Playstation 2, and Playstation emulation forums, good grief at least the Super Nintendo is dead!
Are you telling me that everyone who participates in Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Gameboy Advance, etc emulation is dumping their games themselves? Because everyone of the emulators *other than Playstation* require dumped data, not the original media...
Supporting 'new/current' emulation while whining about someone asking about running a dead console emulator makes you sound like a hypocrite...

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
comedyman said:
I play a Java SNES Emulator on http://freewebarcade.com and it freezes when I'm in the middle of playing a game.

The emulator allows a person to play a rom from my computer or a location on the internet. The only time it freezes is when I play one from a url location. Is this because it didn't download the whole game or something?
The sites where you're accessing might not support direct linking to the ROMs. I'm sorry I can't help much more than that, because I download SNES ROMs I want and archive them to CD. It's much easier that way... And no, I don't have a full CD of SNES ROMs, mostly ones that I own carts for since I don't have the room to hook up my SNES or N64. I have a Gamecube, Dreamcast, and Playstation hooked yp, and I occassionally swap my Gamecube for my Nintendo 64...For my Genesis, Super Nintendo gamind needs I use my PC... :emb:

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Paratech said:
Why do you guys get so excited about people using ROMs from the net?
Why don't you simply follow the [rules]rules[/rules]? This has been discused countless times, and there's no point on doing it again. Think what you want about about it, do whatever you feel like doing, but do not discuss about roms, warez, or any other ilegal content on emuforums. You just broke two rules: double posting and ilegaly downloaded content possesion. If you want to use downloaded roms, there's a bunch of forums out there for you. Emuforums will remain on the legal side, thank you.

·
Registered
10,610 Posts
Then why do you guys have forums for Nintendo 64, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance emulation? How can you discuss that and be on the 'right' side of the law? I was just pointing out your hypocraqcy. Sorry I should've posted both messages in one thread...
But remember I didn't ask for ROMs, or list a ROM site, so just admitting having ROMs breaks the rules? Again, if that's the case why have Nintendo 64, Gameboy Advance, Dreamcast messageboards? What the heck are you using with them? Certainly not the original media...

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
Well, you are not discussing anything new here. Emuforums is a site that focus on the idea that emulators are not illegal per se, and as such they must be independent from the focus you'd give to illegaly download roms. READ: We are an emulation support forum, not a rom support forum, and as such we'd like to stay where we are, corporations are pesky enough about this site as it is.

However, we'd be eager to help if you want to know the howabouts of a cartridge dumper :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts