Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The critically acclaimed but unfortunately forgotten third title of the TOCA series, and the last on the Playstation platform (before TOCA Race Driver appeared on the next gen consoles, and returned to the PC).

While the first two TOCA games might look down right ugly since GT series came out, this third one is Codemasters' revenge. Graphics is now up to par, and gameplay is true to the series. This is argueably the best PS1 racing game ever.

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
GFX card: RADEON 8500 DDR x86/SSE
Resolution/Color:
- 1152x864 Fullscreen - Desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Internal X resolution: 1
- Internal Y resolution: 1
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off
- No render-to-texture: off
- Filtering: 0 - edge clamping supported
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: off
- VRam size: 0 MBytes - 196 textures usable
Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto
Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 0
- Framebuffer uploads: 1
- Subtractive blending: activated
Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: off
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 0
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

S

·
0 Posts
yup, nice game; codemasters never managed to get their games as popular as the GT series though; one wonders if its just the name or if there's more involved...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep, they're all sold and never put out for resale ;)
Only store with some stock was Toys R Us, and they priced it at $60 CAD so no one bought it, including me. I waited patiently and finally they threw it into the bargin bin for $10 CAD :p
Good luck finding it, hehe...

·
Registered
85 Posts
It still doesn't look as good as GT One, but better than GT 2 somewhat. It most likely looks better running than standing still where you can see all the flaws in the graphics or the limited nature of the PSOne console.

Anyway. I always liked the TOCA series and I have Pro Race Driver for the PC. Its not THAT hard to find. I have seen it several times at my local Game Stop stores and even one of the local Game Crazy stores.

I think car damage is over-rated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts