Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure some of you have heard of the Japanese only PS2 DVR called the PSX. Is the BIOS extraction that applies to the other PS2's applicable with this?
I have struggled to find any information on the matter, if anybody has heard about the emulation of the PSX please let me know.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i can only guess what you are talking about is a japanese boot disc that allows backed up ps1 games to work on a ps2 using the same method as swap magic... if you are then its no emulation, it just tricks the ps2 to playing ps1 backups, it isnt perfect (like it cant play cdda music). quite frankly it isnt worth it but it is worth it if you are desperate to play backed up ps1 games on a non modded ps2.

ill say this again it is no emulation since the ps2 can play original ps1 discs, it just allows for backup ones to work so it will not work on a ps3 since it has no hardware support like the ps2 has

·
There is always hope, but you have to supply it.
6,886 Posts
i can only guess what you are talking about is a japanese boot disc that allows backed up ps1 games to work on a ps2 using the same method as swap magic... if you are then its no emulation, it just tricks the ps2 to playing ps1 backups, it isnt perfect (like it cant play cdda music). quite frankly it isnt worth it but it is worth it if you are desperate to play backed up ps1 games on a non modded ps2.

ill say this again it is no emulation since the ps2 can play original ps1 discs, it just allows for backup ones to work so it will not work on a ps3 since it has no hardware support like the ps2 has
he doesn't mean that, he's asking if the ps2 bios dumping utility or the LAN dumper will work on his special dvd recorder version of the ps2.

PSX is a playstation 2 and not a ps1, it retailed for $900 and tanked

PSX:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
the person who finds and delivers one of these to me will be named as my right hand man, come the day i rule the world.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I do get my hands on one, and I am able to get the BIOS from it, I am hoping to figure out some way of using the XMB to run as the PS2 emulator, but I think this is installed on the hard drive. Seeing as this was the first Sony device to use the XMB (before BRAVIA's and the PSP used it) I want to see what it is like.
It's an awesome piece of kit - it will even let you rip games (I think) and DVD's onto the hard drive. The DVD's will work but the games will require the disc to run. It also has a TV Tuner, but only an NTSC one so it won't work in Europe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.